Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 motor mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 01:37 PM
c didy
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 172 Posts

As for Wevo's, I wouldn't exactly call it "roar". It's real but almost imperceptible. You have to ask yourself if you can hear a difference the first day after they are installed. The second day you will have a hard time telling yourself there is any.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

BillyB - See post #55 in this thread to show sagging mounts versus new ones. Yours look tired and in need of replacement.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...-mounts-2.html
Old 11-09-2012, 01:44 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by BillyB
I don't particularly notice the engine moving around but sometimes these things are only obvious once you've fixed them...
True, there are a lot of forces acting on the car during a turn. So I could imagine you might not notice.
Look at those pictures, the engine is really sagging on those worn MM...it's just flopping around the whole time.
Not confidence inspiring when you are driving aggressively.

Like you mentioned, you will definitely notice the upgrade after you've done it.
The car will feel more solid.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by c didy
As for Wevo's, I wouldn't exactly call it "roar". It's real but almost imperceptible. You have to ask yourself if you can hear a difference the first day after they are installed. The second day you will have a hard time telling yourself there is any.
True.

I just don't want anyone to buy them thinking it's a 100% same noise level. There is some difference...

Some Rlers want to keep their car sounding/feeling very close to stock. I just want them to make an imformed decision. Some people even listen to radios while they drive???

In no way is it too harsh, but these (Wevo's) are RS level components, so you've got to expect a slight incease in harshness. I loved the upgrade so much I even mixed the Wevo pillows and added the harder blue pillows on the bottom.

Quick Reply: 993 motor mount