Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PurpleEnemy
Cool post, thanks!
Hopefully will meet you and have a look at the car on Sunday.......
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard.

This must be the fastest moving new member thread ever!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 AM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Welcome aboard.

This must be the fastest moving new member thread ever!
Thanks Steve. I've been reading your blog - great stuff.

Last edited by PurpleEnemy; 09-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:41 PM
jotaking
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome,

Well done getting your hands on such a fine example!!!

I have a hunch...multi millionaire...Jersey (tax haven)....purple???

Got to be Prince's old Porker...You have permission to cruise with "Purple Rain" on full blast!!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 AM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Royal Purple - it's all part of the Purple Reign :-)
Old 09-29-2012, 07:25 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Sorry if this is a bit too personal for this forum, but I just thought I would share this info... I spent this afternoon vigourously rubbing something purple until it was really shiney! The Purple Enemy is ready to go to the London nine-sixty-four meet tomorrow. I'm confident it could be a morning glory situation! Expect a full debrief on my return. :-)
Old 09-30-2012, 03:01 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

In contrast, I have resisted such urges and so will feel a trifle dirty when we meet
Old 09-30-2012, 03:12 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rephlex
In contrast, I have resisted such urges and so will feel a trifle dirty when we meet
Ha ha ha!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

What an interesting weekend. I was going through the service history and found the telephone number of one of the previous owners of P.E. called Nigel and had a really great conversation with him. He had the car from 2001 to 2007 and had some really interesting info which he shared with me.
Firstly, it was during his ownership that the 'RS' parts were added. He added the suspension, the steering wheel, the carpets, the Big Red front and rear callipers with RS discs front and rear. The brake conversion cost a fortune - all the parts were new from Porsche - I had to thank him for making the investment as it makes the car a real weapon! The steering wheel was supplied by Camtune and cost £200 plus VAT in May 2001 (What a bargain! The last one I saw for sale was £950!).
The rear window/wiper was binned and Nigel ordered a brand new window without wiper hole July 2003 from AFN Porsche Chiswick - the bill was - wait for it... £475.33 plus VAT! OUCH! At the same time he ordered a new window seal (£103) and the original RS carpets.
Nigel changed the indicator and side marker lenses to clear ones. And fitted the black headliner.
Oh, and to those who commented on the RS badge... It was also Nigel who fitted this - ten years ago.

He was amazed that I had uncovered the provenance of the Princess Diana event six years prior to his ownership as he had always wondered why the passenger-side quarter panel was a shade out.

It was very clear having spoken to him that he not only loved the car, but going through the invoices from the period of his ownership he spent many thousands on not only upkeep but also modification. When he bought the car in 2001 he paid £22,000 for it. The car was sold to him by Portiacraft and already had the 17" Cup IIs on it. At the time it had 40,000 miles on it. I have the issue of Top Marques (issue 172 April 24th to May 7th 2001) with the advert in.

He said that his vision to adapt the car into a homage to the RS was hatched due to the unique colour which he felt fitted in with the wild colours the RS was available in.
We spoke for well over an hour and he kept apologising for keeping me on the phone - an absolutely top guy.

The really cool thing is we ended up by agreeing to meet up so he could see the car he hasn't seen for six years - and get back behind the wheel and have a drive!
He wanted to know if I would be interested in selling P.E. back to him - sadly... I had to tell him the second owner from 1995 had already asked that if I ever wanted to sell the car I would let him know first. But as I have said previously - it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Nigel was really thankful that I had called and said that having spoken to me it was clear I was as passionate about the car as he had been. And I was really glad I made the call.

We haven't met up yet, but when we do I'm going to invite him to come along to one of the London nine-sixty-four meets.

Sorry if this has been a long post, but the reason I am sharing this with you is to spur you on to track down previous owners and fill in pieces of your 964's jigsaw - it's like archeology but the major difference is... Rather than make and educated guess - you can actually speak to people from your car's past. Think about it this way, anyone who has previous owned your car must have been a 'into it' as it is a Porsche - you may find out some great nuggets of info or hear memories - good or bad that can help you answer whatever question you may have had about this or that.

I've got another really interesting chapter to share that will explain why the Purple Enemy is like a street seaking missile when you **** the hammer and pull the trigger. If anyone is interested...

Meanwhile have a great week!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

That's a great update. Just shows how these cars quickly get under your skin

Looking forward to hearing more..
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
ScottR
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-20-2014, 04:35 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ivan, found the perfect car to make up a trio.. You can call this one Purple Enema...since it is a 993 cab and therefore soft compared to the 964 daddy.

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/..._cars_for_sale
Old 01-20-2014, 05:52 AM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Did you read the description? Reminds me of freshly laid horse fruit… :-)
Old 01-21-2014, 09:41 AM
964George
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts

PE's German cousin...

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...rt=ALSO_EXPORT

Quick Reply: Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself...