Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In this case I think the badge should stay as it's such a unique car and spec on a customer order its just as it came so deffo keep the badge as is, the cars just so "right"....
Old 09-25-2012, 08:21 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Welcome and congratulations. You found a beautiful car! What are your plans for the car? Will you keep it as is or are there any planned mods? And how will you be using the car? Street, drivers ed, racing, concours, all of the above?
Thanks Rob,
My plans are to improve it in any way possible, use it whenever the sun is out and I have nothing un-Porsche-friendly in the diary and... most of all enjoy the ceremony of turning the ignition key and hearing that growl behind me.
It's been about 12 years since my last 911 - a Sepia Brown 2.4T - which I regretted selling and lost track of for about a decade - until last year. When I saw it again, I knew I had to find another 911. When this one came into my life by chance... I just knew we had a future.
I'm not out to turn the car into something it isn't or change anything for the sake of change - although when I close my eyes and visualise it on a set of E88s I get a warm feeling inside... Saying that, I am sure once I get the restored Cup 1s back on it I'll be content and forget that racy mistress... For a while !
Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Originally Posted by fuch
In this case I think the badge should stay as it's such a unique car and spec on a customer order its just as it came so deffo keep the badge as is, the cars just so "right"....
Thanks for the support Fuch, in reality I am not too bothered about changing anything despite the trouble I could possibly have drawing breath due to the extreme pressure of my peers :-) I love the car just as it is. Want to hear another interesting fact about it? One that has a royal link, even more royal than the name of the paint colour?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Go on then you big tease....
Old 09-25-2012, 08:45 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

OK, take close look at the photograph of the rear of the car and look at the LHS rear quarter. You'll notice the colour is slightly out, a shade different. The second owner was called Dominic Jones. He is also from Jersey and is one of the brothers who own Jersey Potteries. He was working in banking in London in 1995 and one day in March he was driving home along The Cromwell Road. He stopped at a red light and... Bang! A car hit the car in the L/H rear quarter. Thankfully it wasn't a heavy hit, but it did mean the rear quarter had to be replaced. As I said the colour match is slightly out, and this is something I may address. Then again I may leave it... Check out what happened here - but I should add the newpapers reported it was pink, not purple;

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/DIANA+...PE.-a061324927
Old 09-25-2012, 08:53 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Here's more;
http://www.princess-diana-remembered...-accident.html
http://www.itnsource.com/fr/shotlist...1411/?s=London
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Your Cup 1s look to have been refurbished really beautifully.

Lovely car.

RS badge is a bit like sticking a Van Gogh signature on a Monet, though. ;-)
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 AM
aircooledbug
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

Beautiful car. Nice story behind it too.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car and welcome to Rennlist!

My car is also an L999 match to sample colour, Cyclamen or Zyclamrot Metallic. I thought it was a one off too, but have since found a few others in the same colour (only one other 964 though!). From what I can understand, the L999 code was also used for colours that were not standard to the 964 (ie colours used on older cars). I've also read that if they liked a specific special order colour Porsche sometimes would paint one of each model on the line in the same colour, so you may find there are a 944 and a 928 around too!!

Either way, lovely colour and it'll certainly be very rare if not the only one!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by John Boggiano
Your Cup 1s look to have been refurbished really beautifully.

Lovely car.

RS badge is a bit like sticking a Van Gogh signature on a Monet, though. ;-)
I'd leave it be if that's how it left the factory!

Originally Posted by fuch
+964 if it came that way!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:39 AM
ScottR
Racer

Welcome Mr IM!

Good to see a few more pics of the car than the little teaser you showed Spencer and me Thurs night at Brands. Looking rather nice Sir.

I was trying to recount the Princess Di story to my wife, so I'm glad you posted those links as I think I was managing to be a great Chinese Whisperer!

I agree about keeping the RS badge - it's a special order and if it was ordered with an RS badge then it's part of the cars unique history - after all, it sounds like it's got a few RS goodies on it. If however it was added a couple of years ago...

Perhaps we should start a little 964 corner at the next VW event?

Scott
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 AM
ras62
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The owner said he purchased the car with the RS badge not that it was delivered like that from Porsche? The under bonnet sticker will list the options.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 AM
ScottR
Racer

See, I told you I was good at Chinese Whispers
Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 81 Posts

nice color!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:46 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stunning, well done on finding it

Would in interesting to see what the Porsche options were and what has been added / removed down the years as owners have further personalised the car

Chris

Quick Reply: Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself...