Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Early fall tour - Skyline Drive (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Laguna Seca
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

911jetta...I've said it before...your car looks great! I am wondering how the treatment on the wheels are holding up? I want to have some fun with my cup 1's by making them black...I have a '94 black/black C2. My son is young like yours...you are treating him right brother! Good on you! Cheers!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:22 AM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supa pics as always....love the pic with your boy on the rock in his shorts and bear feet & the two dudes in all the gear!!.......man up guys!!

Still amazing how you get the bike in the back & you two in the front, makes me want to dump my spg's.....
Old 09-26-2012, 10:52 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Those are some great shots, glad the 964 held it's own for the 800 mile trek. I would love to make it up there some day, looks absolutely stunning.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna Seca
...I am wondering how the treatment on the wheels are holding up? I want to have some fun with my cup 1's by making them black...I have a '94 black/black C2. My son is young like yours...you are treating him right brother! Good on you! Cheers!
Big thanks Luguna!

The Plastidip has held up perfectly. As an experiment, I really jet-blasted them at the car wash after this recent trip and they look the same as the day I applied the stuff. I applied five coats when I painted them.

I like to drive my car and not worry about it getting dirty, but at the same time I like get it really clean afterwards. Brake dust WAS always such a pain as you don't want it sitting on the surface too long...now I don't worry about it at all!

Do it, think of it as a $5 test and do one side of the car. It will look really good on a black car.

fuch,
I was surprised I could fit the bike back there, but once I did, it opened up a whole bunch of reasons for me to drive to the mountains more often.

I put the wheels in the frunk and only have to disconnect the stem from the fork...then it all fits really nicely. I have a roof rack, but I like the clean look and I feel more comfortable with the bike in the car while driving on the twisties!

ECS Tuning
glad the 964 held it's own for the 800 mile trek...
Have some faith in the old 911 brother!

Just kidding. I know what you mean. I treat the car like its two years old, expecting it to be 100% reliable...but it's 23 years. 911's are pretty amazing cars that way.

Quick Reply: Early fall tour - Skyline Drive (pics)