Sponsored by:

hawk's Monday post

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hawk's Monday post

Nothing to report... as in no trouble with the car all weekend. Had it out for over 200 miles this weekend as we ran with the club up to Green Bay and back. Car ran strong as ever.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:21 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Nuttin on the P-car. Worked on a home I inherited to turn it into a rental till I can sell it.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

awesome on the trouble-free weekend Hawk!
Took my girls (wife, 2 daughters and "Sabine") on a picnic, along a stream, next to an old covered bridge. Very relaxing. One of the sippy cups wasn't sealed and spilled onto the frunk carpet. Luckily it wasn't milk.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Saturday, went with friend to a antique engine and tractor show. It was a lot of fun. I wish I had remembered to bring my camera. Doh!. They had everything from stationary steam engines to single cylinder utility engines to tractors in the 1950's.

Earlier this week, my driver side power window stopped working. I had verified that the fuse and relay were working and I also swapped the window switches. It wasn't the switch. After the tractor show, my friend helped me isolate the problem. We confirmed power to the switch so the problem was inside the door. We removed the door panel to get to the electric motor. Removed it and tested it on the bench. It worked. What? How can that be? It worked both directions. We then reinstalled it and it worked but slower than normal. Tried it again and it stopped part way up. Aha! A weak motor. We helped the window up so I can drive the car while the parts are on order.

Meanwhile, I'm working from home today. My engine parts should be arriving via UPS from Steve Weiner.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:47 PM
The Stig
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Took deliver of a mid rise scissor lift on Saturday. Could not get it set up as I had many birthday/family obligations to tend to

On Sunday, I finally got the lift set up. Put the DD up on it and rotated the tires. Built the required side ramps but need some more fettling before I throw the 964 up there. Hopefully will be done late this week. Let the cleaning and parts inventory begin!!

Then I watched England lose to the Italians in Euro 2012. Boo-hiss.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:54 PM
hawk911
Race Car

the only thing I did notice is my driver's side window does not go up all the way now. The back, towards the B-pillar does not hit the rubber. Not sure if the window needs alignment, or the top does; or both
Old 06-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Hawk - Both are easy to adjust. I would first start on the seals on the top as they are easier to get to than the window adjustment which is under the door panel.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:13 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Rob, what am I looking for on the seals? If I look at the line of the top of the glass to the top of the triangular frame at the front of the window, if looks good to me.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a great weekend doing some restoration work on the rustier parts of my old Skyline, plenty of welding and grinding, happy days!

The 964 is safely under covers due to the storms we've been having, but I did get a chance to fit a 15mm steering spacer for the Momo Prototipo which seems to have made a decent improvement to the driving position.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Didnt do anything with either car. We were getting dumped on by TS Debby all weekend so stayed home nice and dry.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hawk911
Rob, what am I looking for on the seals? If I look at the line of the top of the glass to the top of the triangular frame at the front of the window, if looks good to me.
Hawk - You want to adjust the seals so that they are touching the glass all the way around but without putting excessive pressure on the glass. The vertical seals are attached to the vertical pillar via studs. There are 7mm nuts on the back side of the pillar. You can loosen them and shift the seal in or out. The horizontal seals are held on by a metal track. To adjust those, you have to slide the rubber seal out to expose the screws.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

This weekend was working on the old Skyline too

I drive the 964 maybe 10 times to every time I take the Skyline out, so the Porsche is at the back of the shed now on the battery charger, while I do a few jobs on the old Nissan.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM
RW964
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Weekend Update

Had a Great time drove sat. and sun. took the 4 year old graddaughter for a ride sat and promised to go on sun. But late sun had to take her home and she did not get to ride on the way back to my house my wife told me so 180 back the other way and out for a ride .. BIG smiles the whole ride out for icecream and back to the house and off to bed. A big THANK YOU and a hug for a Porsche ride.

At 4 years old she even says it right and knows most of the diff cars. Thats my girl.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Hawk - You want to adjust the seals so that they are touching the glass all the way around but without putting excessive pressure on the glass. The vertical seals are attached to the vertical pillar via studs. There are 7mm nuts on the back side of the pillar. You can loosen them and shift the seal in or out. The horizontal seals are held on by a metal track. To adjust those, you have to slide the rubber seal out to expose the screws.
yeah- the horizontal seal seems to be the issue. Thx for the info. I'll look into it. I should really replace the horizontal seals now, since I did the verticals.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:45 PM
964Q
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nothing to report is good sometimes!

Autocrossed my Integra this past weekend in San Diego. Did an oil change on the 964 the weekend before. I remember now how to get the oil filter out of there with minimal leakage. Fun..

Quick Reply: hawk's Monday post