Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Keys locked in car after jumpstart...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM
CBR786
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure if you remove the earth lead from the battery then touch it again for a second then remove and retouching might pulse the motors up and down again just before alarm reactivates. If you have some one at hand they can quickly open door as motors cycle. I am just guessing but it is worth a try since you have access to battery any way. Maybe supply voltage via a live through the fuse box to the window motors might make them go down vehicle electrician or locksmith might work out cheaper then having wife drive down and smashing a good safe.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If you or a friend has AAA they will come open it for free
Old 05-21-2012, 11:30 PM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys I'm home, I was able to get the safe open no sweat with a chisel (only two blows to pop it open! Thank God it was a cheap piece of crap).

I was a little nervous chiseling into it though as I knew I had 4 loaded Glock 19 mags in it...hit the primer on one of those and I'd have made a bad day even worse!

Moral of this story: Don't leave the keys in the car for any body or any thing!!!!

Last edited by ChaseN; 05-22-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 AM
August West
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaseN
Well guys I'm home, I was able to get the hammer open no sweat with a chisel (only two blows to pop it open! Thank God it was a cheap piece of crap).

I was a little nervous chiseling into it though as I knew I had 4 loaded Glock 19 mags in it...hit the primer on one of those and I'd have made a bad day even worse!
If the mags had gone off, you'd have been well on the way to getting a Darwin Award from us, especially if the slugs ripped through your car and, well, the rest of the story I won't even submit because it's just too grisly...

Kidding aside, glad you made it home with a smile on your face.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:03 AM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh, yeah...I could see it on the news:

"man trying to break into safe, in order to break into his own Porsche, dies when 60 rounds of 9mm hollowpoint (! - extra dangerous - !) ammunition explodes at arms length..."
Old 05-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Good you can lauugh about it... And I'm glad you made it home sound and safe with no damage on the 964.

Time to take the wife out for dinner: she saved your butt... And you will probably hear this story a few times in the future.

Quick Reply: Help! Keys locked in car after jumpstart...