Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Congrats....She's a beaut!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
I personally found the handling sharper on these than my 17" Cups - reduced profile got rid of tyre wobble. Although obviously the loss of profile results in a slightly less comfort.

Enjoy!
Originally Posted by jack.pe
Are the cars better on the 17s? I wonder of these bigger wheels spoil the handling?
Here's an interesting article recently posted by B.Elliot in another thread...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-tires-tested
Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congratulations, looks like a beauty. great color.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:52 AM
964TOK
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the cars better on the 17s? I wonder of these bigger wheels spoil the handling?
I personally think 18's are too big for the 964. However, there are alot on here with 18'' wheels with no issues.

my preferred choice 17'' Cup 1's.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
Here's an interesting article recently posted by B.Elliot in another thread...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-tires-tested
I understand that bigger wheels came about for 2 reasons, in racing it was to improve stopping power by fitting bigger brake discs (which in turn leads to increase in weight of suspension components, wheels, etc, which is slightly at odds with the desire to reduce unsprung mass) and designers (bigger wheels do make a car look good on a car show stand)....

...worth remembering that an F1 wheel is still 13" diameter (at least it was last time I looked)!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:55 PM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Guys,

Anyone have a second hand rear reflector I can buy? even faded. Mine is badly cracked. I thought I could fix it up a bit and maybe cover with tinted film but the previous owner did such a bad job fixing it up that it is beyond decent repair. If any of you have one please let me know.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:00 PM
timrichardson
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the car - bargain!
you wil struggle to find a replacement reflector new at present - they do come up on ebay but good ones go for silly money....looking myself too as mine is in pretty poor shape and lets down the rear end.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

LOVE the colour, love the wheels (regardless of handling)!!

A lot of pleasure for $10k imo!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:03 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Default Centre reflectors

Guys,

Anyone have a second hand rear reflector I can buy? even faded. Mine is badly cracked. I thought I could fix it up a bit and maybe cover with tinted film but the previous owner did such a bad job fixing it up that it is beyond decent repair. If any of you have one please let me know.
Just had confirmation from the USA that they seem to have run out there too. The official Porsche dealer I contacted says he tried everywhere but no luck. They are now on back order like the EU. I give up and am going to wait till Autumn when hopefully we will have them here.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Just had confirmation from the USA that they seem to have run out there too. The official Porsche dealer I contacted says he tried everywhere but no luck. They are now on back order like the EU. I give up and am going to wait till Autumn when hopefully we will have them here.
Perhaps somewhere more obscure if you can't wait. Asia, Australasia? Happy to help?

Shipping won't be too much more than from the US...
Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Perhaps somewhere more obscure if you can't wait. Asia, Australasia? Happy to help?

Shipping won't be too much more than from the US...
Very kind of you to offer! but the reason I tried the US was that I will be there in late May. So I was hoping to avoid paying postage and import tax, otherwise it would bring the cost close to £500.. I think i will just have to wait!

Jack
Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guys,

They used to come up on Ebay a lot.

I had one somewhere, it is faded but not cracked iirc, and could be painted to look awesome with just an hour or so's work. However..I seem to think that some of the rubber is missing. I'll try to look for it this weekend. If its decent (and I actually still have it), I'll send it and perhaps you could transplant the rubber seal?

FYI, I painted the one on my old C4 and it looked better than new when finished (surprisingly, the new ones still look a tad 'pinkish' to me)
Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
They used to come up on Ebay a lot.

I had one somewhere, it is faded but not cracked iirc, and could be painted to look awesome with just an hour or so's work. However..I seem to think that some of the rubber is missing. I'll try to look for it this weekend. If its decent (and I actually still have it), I'll send it and perhaps you could transplant the rubber seal?

FYI, I painted the one on my old C4 and it looked better than new when finished (surprisingly, the new ones still look a tad 'pinkish' to me)
Very kind of you Howard, please do have a look and let me know what you find..

Jack
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM
mf_rsr
Pro

That is lovely...congrats! Keep the 18s and buy a set of cup1s off ebay. enjoy. then sell a set. The ride and looks are different and its down to personal taste.

Quick Reply: My new 964!!