Claudia V2.1 - Nicer Progress Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom '74 911
Hi Steve -

Does this muffler flow similar to the photo w/flow arrows below? If it does, is the system plumbed into the lower inlets (black arrows w/a more direct path in the second photo) or the upper inlets? I've been thinking of piecing together a system like the one from the 3rd photo - stolen from another Steve W (Wong) w/the vacuum actuated valves that close at lower RPM (quieter) and open at higher RPM (better flow). I've been kinda stymied in terms of sourcing the necessary parts etc... but kind of an interesting solution I think . . .
Good question, Tom....

I've not dissected one of these mufflers; we have simply dyno'ed them on a host of other high-powered, large-displacement race engine with truly excellent results. I'm not sure I have a need to do this at this juncture, based on how these work............
Old 04-19-2012, 03:13 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Steve, great work, thanks for sharing.

Would this muffler be too loud for a car used mostly on the street and would it work well on a stock 3.6 fitted with 993 HE.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Steen,

JMHO, but these are too loud for street use unless someone likes loud cars. Noise levels are purely subjective and we are all different in this regard.

It won't fit a 993 with OEM HE's due to the positioning on the muffler and HE flanges unless one fabricates some plumbing with some 90 deg and 180 degree turns. These were really intended for cars with headers that have the collectors positioned much further outboard.

Quick Reply: Claudia V2.1 - Nicer Progress Pics