beware fellow rennlisters/ dodgy used cars salesmen

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Victory MC
Who wants a client like this? Not me.
And who wants a sleazy used car salesman with a long and known reputation of fraud and deception?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Laguna Seca
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a term in the sales industry called turn and burn...
You either cater to lower numbers and higher quality or higher numbers and lower quality; I believe Victory Motors deals in the latter...hence the term turn and burn! I believe the e-mail V motors is showing us was probably sent after the buyer felt burned by the seller. I think V motors just showed their true colors! Very unprofessional! Private party all the way! Porsche people are some of the nicest people out there...and most of them know their cars very well! I hope your friend doesn't get turned off and misses the opportunity of 964 ownership! These cars are a lot of fun! Best of luck! Aloha!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 AM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

There's also another industry term - BUYERS ARE LIARS. Based on the letter shared by Victory, it sure seems there is more going on here than originally stated by the OP.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

ppl have reputations
shops have reputations
reputations develop from multiple encounters from multiple ppl
some shops you dont want to do business with.
i have no encounters with victory motors. i cannot speak from experience but rely only on reputation.
i do have a list of BS shops that you should not do business with. see my signature
Old 02-29-2012, 10:25 AM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Having just sold a car I can attest that buyers (or more precisely non-buyers) are a hassle to deal with. Seven folks wasted my time insisting on test drives and then didn't buy the car for items that were clearly listed in my ad (no sunroof, manual transmission, no cruise control-sorry guys, it was not a Porsche).

In this case it seems like the OP benefited from his PPI. His complaints about the price and his disparaging remarks about Texas do him no good.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by Victory MC
Dear MR Neal,
i have read a lot about your sales ethics on the net, you dont expect us to shell out 30 grand just like that? do you?
the pictures you have posted in your site are not those of the car we got inspected. as you can see, my command of the english is much superlative to yours, as i know what FINE Condition is!!! and you my dear Sales man have to renew and rekindle your relationship with your dusty dictionary!
the pictures i got from my respected mechanic show a completely different story, i never knew that porsche designed bubbles in their targa roofs, maybe thats a texan option for the hot summers! nor did porsche design and finish the bumpers with streaks of white (only god knows what that is). nor did they leave gaping holes on the underside of the front bumpers (maybe another texan option)
what kind of car sales man forgets or cant locate the security wheel nut unfasteners!!!
as for your poor imaginary german client, god help him, thank god he only lives and thrives in your imagination.
lastly, if you call inspecting a car BS, which my sorry arab as* believes stands for BULLSH**, then YOU are the ONLY BULL SH** whose still breathing and standing, trying to take poor suckers for a ride, start using your disclaimers for toilet paper, save some money and hire someone with better english to do your ads. im reporting you to the PCA and any one else that will listen.
you think i would buy anything from you, if you had an offer buy 1 get 2 free, i still wont **** on you to put your fire out.
Retire , save us all the grief, people like you give every sales man a bad reputation.
Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Stick to the facts.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

I believe there's 2 sides to every story, my story with VM is way different from the DR, one week after i bought my first 964 from VM the a/c went out i called robert and told him that my A/c had stop working and he told me to bring it in monday and they will take care of it, saturday morning i got a call from robert and he told me, i know that you are supposed to bring your car monday for the A/C problem but I have a couple of guys doing nothing at the shop and i was wondering if i can send my guys to your house to P/U your car to get the A/C problem taken care of today, one hour later two of his guys showed up to my house to pick up the car, i
picked up my car on monday
from VM and there was NO charge even though when i bought the car i bought it AS IS,I have bought 2 964's from VM and I never had any problems,they also do ALL the service on my 5 P cars

BTW DOC, with ALL respect, there's a saying here in TEXAS that says, DON'T MISS WITH TEXAS
Old 03-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
BTW DOC, with ALL respect, there's a saying here in TEXAS that says, DON'T MISS WITH TEXAS
Hey man, don't mess with Texas sayings, lol. It's DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Red face

I think I need to go to sleep!!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 AM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Opo
...they also do ALL the service on my 5 P cars
5 P cars????

Are you holding out on us? I've only seen four of them!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Lol, James I bought another 964 in dec of last year number 6 is getting a PPI done tomorrow up in NY
I have to ADMIT, this is a serious ADDICTION
Old 03-01-2012, 10:24 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by PNine64
I...f you are looking for a '93 then only 77 of them were shipped over here. How many of those are still around? How many of those have been cared for? Production numbers were higher through '91 but dropped off dramatically after that. So if you are looking for a Targa in that post ~91 era with the updated brakes, suspension, mirrors and motor then there just aren't a whole lot of them out there.
Hey, that's fewer numbers than an RSA!

I understand Targas aren't always the car of choice on Rennlist but there is a racer flavor over here too...and that means Coupe. I'm not sure that always extrapolates to society as a whole. I more commonly read comments about Targas...or the color green...but every couple of months I get a PM from someone who REALLY appreciates the combination of the two. If there ever comes a time where I need to part with my car there will be someone willing to pay the premium I did. I also understand that it will probably take a little longer than a red Coupe though too.
Well said. I really like the Targa concept and would love to have a black one (I don't think I could afford the green ones =;>).

One time I had a bias against Cabriolets...then I drove my father's '90.
Redline in third gear with the top down was a whole new experience from my coupe.
The combination of wind noise and the roaring engine was intense.

I've learned that all of these cars are special.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
Lol, James I bought another 964 in dec of last year number 6 is getting a PPI done tomorrow up in NY
I have to ADMIT, this is a serious ADDICTION

^^^^ Hoarder, or is Opo really Jerry Seinfeld?

Originally Posted by 911Jetta

One time I had a bias against Cabriolets...then I drove my father's '90.
Redline in third gear with the top down was a whole new experience from my coupe.
The combination of wind noise and the roaring engine was intense.

I've learned that all of these cars are special.
Amen Jetta, nice epiphany. Did your dad's cab have a cup or cat bypass?

anyone remember the video game "Outrun" ? Kinda like that, but with twisties...
Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Speaking of Targas...
There's a really nice example for sale in town. Looks really well cared for...
(no affiliation..have never seen the car at local events, etc.)

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2813215538.html

1991 Porsche Targa C2, 5-sp, Guards Red over tan leather. 89,2XX miles. VERY rare example without any motor leaks in immaculate original mechanical and cosmetic condition. All maintenance records and receipts completed by professional Porsche mechanics. Never tracked or driven in snow/rain. Proper adult upgrades: 2009 - new belts, targa top, speakers & front seat hides; 2000 engine upgrades - new seals, Ti valve runners, Elgin cams, B&B muffler. Includes spare rotors, and rims. 100% adult ownership throughout lifetime and always maintained. Well known throughout the Triangle PCA. Additional pictures are available. $25,000 (919) 599-5837
Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Laker
Amen Jetta, nice epiphany. Did your dad's cab have a cup or cat bypass?
100% stock (plus the addition of the furry seat covers...dad, get rid of those things!) . Which was surprising when I first started it up...sounded extra gruff.
I also like the increased sound in the cabin with the top up (vs. a coupe).

anyone remember the video game "Outrun" ? Kinda like that, but with twisties...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: beware fellow rennlisters/ dodgy used cars salesmen