Default Strosek speedster

That's a lot of money to ruin a Speedster
Strosek was never my taste.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONE-K...item35b8dce93e

Old 01-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

They had this car parked at Boardwalk Porsche in Plano, TX (Dallas suburb) a few months ago. I took a bunch of pics. I'll see if I can upload some later.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:21 PM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Let's see.... 4 fenders, wheels a bumper, 2 mirrors, steering wheel, shifter, center console... Yup, a ton of money to bring back....
Too bad. the factory configuration is really hard to better.

And for crying out loud, after all this work why not paint it an original color???
Old 01-28-2012, 03:45 PM
John Rygg
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Also $67K for a new speedster ?? doesn't that seem too cheap??
I think my cab was supposed to be $77K new.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 AM
sammspeed
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=John Rygg;9226386]That's a lot of money to ruin a Speedster
Strosek was never my taste.

Wow...

I totally agree. Taking a brand new Speedster back than, invest a fortune and turn it into s strange car.... The STROSEK parts (in my opinion) were always a bit strange. However the STROSEK mirrors came in two versions: the somehow square shape (like on the black one) and the rounder shape (like small cup version mirrors)

The later ones I bought for my Speedster and I love them. I believe STROSEK made an excellent design for this particular mirrors, since the OEM cup version mirrors look in my opinion like big ears on a Spedster with his smaller windscreen.

The other STROSEK part I bought, was the Tachometer scale. All other parts are a no go on the Speedster in my humble opinion.

Greets
Mike

Last edited by sammspeed; 02-16-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:29 AM
John Rygg
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Now that is how a speedster should look.
And a great color also
Old 01-29-2012, 11:18 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Speedster in Seoul?!? Porsches older than 996s are very rare in Korea!

A friend had one of the few 993 C4S in Seoul years ago and I was told the only way to get that in was because it was brought in my the son of a general. Did you import the car into Korea or find it there?

Originally Posted by sammspeed
....The later ones I bought for my Speedster and I love them. I believe STROSEK made an excellent design for this particular mirrors, since the OEM cup version mirrors look in my opinion like big ears on a Spedster with his smaller windscreen.

The other STROSEK part I bought, was the Tachometer scale. All other parts are a no go on the Speedster in my humble opinion.

Greets
Mike
Old 01-30-2012, 03:36 AM
sammspeed
AutoX

David,

my Speedster sits since 15 years in my warm garage in Germany. While being since 9 years in Seoul, we are having a long distance relationship to the car

I drive a few thousand kilometer p.a. only , while we are spending the holidays in Germany. However, there is one 964 Speedster (in yellow) in Seoul. But you are right, most people love the cars "the newer the better". They call an early 996 already a rare classic. Problem with importing a used 'older' car are the increasingly tight emissions laws. I brought in one Harley in 2004, passing the protocol with some luck but that would be almost impossible nowadays.

One reason for the tight handling of the lawas is of course to support new sales, rather than open an import chanel. Once the vehicle is on the road, the emission issue seems not a big concern anymore. However, the air is definetely getting very clean lately, since most of the vehicles are quite new.

Greets from Seoul
Mike (waiting for the summer holiday)
Old 01-30-2012, 05:09 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

actually i like the strosek speedster... (imo better than narrow body speedster) & generally like what strosek did to porsche editions.
the supercharger-pro tune set up & low mileage if all true/cks out seems not a bad deal indeed.

strosek cars tend to (at least here...) trade at at premium to factory models (suggest they are appreciated).
Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 AM
sammspeed
AutoX

Hi raspberryroadster,

first of all greetings to the neighboring island

I really believe that the taste is quite different in the different parts of the world, not to mention the individuals. While some prefer some flashy tuning, others like it decent. That's why e.g. STROSEK or GEMABALLA were mostly more famous outside from Germany, even though those tuners were based in Germany.

If it comes to the 964 Speedster, where only 910 units have been built, I believe most of the hardcore owners would not modify/touch the Original Body.

Back in 1993 some 10+ units were modified to wide body by PORSCHE. Those models are sought after.

However, taste is different all over (which is good), but in generell (from the value point of view) such a highly modified car has usually less value than an unmodified car.

But actually it does not matter either. The true value lays always in the eye of the owner, unless you bought the car as an investment. In that case OEM rules - always

Greets
Mike
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

....I believe STROSEK made an excellent design for this particular mirrors, since the OEM cup version mirrors look in my opinion like big ears on a Spedster with his smaller windscreen.
I agree.
Speedlines look perfect on a Speedster!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

My pics from when it was at the local Porsche dealership.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:41 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Hi raspberryroadster,

first of all greetings to the neighboring island

I really believe that the taste is quite different in the different parts of the world, not to mention the individuals. While some prefer some flashy tuning, others like it decent. That's why e.g. STROSEK or GEMABALLA were mostly more famous outside from Germany, even though those tuners were based in Germany.

If it comes to the 964 Speedster, where only 910 units have been built, I believe most of the hardcore owners would not modify/touch the Original Body.

Back in 1993 some 10+ units were modified to wide body by PORSCHE. Those models are sought after.

However, taste is different all over (which is good), but in generell (from the value point of view) such a highly modified car has usually less value than an unmodified car.

But actually it does not matter either. The true value lays always in the eye of the owner, unless you bought the car as an investment. In that case OEM rules - always

Greets
Mike
hi thanks....i used to get into seoul every 6 wks (up until i negotiated severance pkg. from investment bank some yrs back & turned to more rewarding househusbanding!) still have some leather stuff out of small shop in itaewon-dong "post".

comments are noted....guess its different here, if its "from the factories of alpina (bmw), abarth (fiat), strosek (porsche) & i forget the name of alfa's factory related independent tuning company.....
they are generally valued much as mercedes that come out of daimler subsidiary amg...that is to say - high end of the market.

gemballa not so as his body kit was too much over the top & often poorly fitted...like this ?? that was listed here for the longest time

cheers

Old 02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
My pics from when it was at the local Porsche dealership.

Any chance this Strosek would be for sale? Please PM me if so...

Quick Reply: Strosek speedster