Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laker
6 pack of Taytos
Old 11-19-2011, 03:51 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Being the cynical engineer that I am, Steve's suggestion begged the question of how the highly expensive rear reflector and light units are affected by ozone?

As I understand it, the feed air from the vent kit escapes from under the distributor caps, so if you are not happy with that personally I would vent to atmosphere at the bottom of the distributor.
Hi Colin,

LOL,..Interesting observation,....

I must say that after 22 years, I've never seen a LR taillight lens nor rear reflector damaged from ozone. I HAVE seen some that have faded from sun exposure, but those cars came from sunny climates such as Arizona and Southern California.

Still, it may be possible,............

Personally, I have no angst about ducting the exhaust air through there as the factory did as that helps prevent condensation that may occur in cool, humid climates.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done some exhaustive research (ok looked it up on wiki) and it seems that ozone makes rubber crack. However, it didn't say anything about being bad for plastic (or then I spose it would be bad for the rotor, dizzy cap and einzbung)
Old 10-12-2019, 08:09 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts
Default what?

Originally Posted by KaiB
Prior to doppelbunging, one must also inspect both dizzies for rotor direction, as the turbulence created by the rotor disrupts air flow.

As these are hand-assembled cars, some rotors spin clockwise, others counter-clockwise and no guarantees can be made that both dizzies spin the same direction.
i am having trouble with this one...............................!

Quick Reply: quasi-distributor venting