Sponsored by:

Happy Friday!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy Friday!

Well, not much going on with my car. sitting until I can get to the outstanding issues- starting, potential steering rack leak, cab top adjustments, and if I feel really ambitious- pull the motor and fix what I find. I know there's a small weep on top of the motor, under the ISV location, just lower left.

What have you got going?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

My town is still recovering from last weekend's snow storm. Lots of tree damage. The trees still had their leaves on when it snowed. We lost power Sat night at 7:30. My house got power restored last night. We were running on generator for 5 days. Not fun.

My weekend will be putting away all of the generator and cords. I may change the generator's engine oil too. Yesterday, I went to start my GF's daughter's Honda Civic to keep the battery charged and engine exercised. She's away at college and the car sits for long periods. First of all the battery was dead. Its 6 years old, I need to get a new one. After charging for 10 minutes, the engine started but then it made an awful squeal. I got out of the car and smoke was coming out of the engine compartment. Turns out the alternator belt broke. I suspect that the alternator is frozen. Sigh.....I suspect my Saturday will be spent swapping out battery and alternator on the car.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:46 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Watup Hawk!!!

We're fixing to strip the interior, pull the HVAC system and prep Claudia for her journey to Oregon where she will get:

A cage (Matter replica)
New race seats (the Sparco Pro ADV fits me perfectly)
A full on Motion Control suspension including ERP monoballs
Cams, valves, a bit of head work and upper end goodies + rod bolts and new tune
Headers
A racing clutch
New rear disks (probably AP racing)
An adj rear brake prop valve
and a 300# diet.

She should be a lot of fun come March!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:59 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

This weekend with be a "first" Saturday, so there will be a big crowd at Cars & Coffee. I'll be driving over with a few other 911s from the neighborhood. I hope to see a GT3 4.0. White or black, I'm not picky.

After C&C, we're taking the long way to Virginia International Raceway, to watch the Heacock Classic Gold Cup Historic Races & Car Show. I just love looking at the engineering of the old race cars!

PS: Hawk, sorry to read your long maintenance list!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:51 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Taking the 964 over the mountains to see my parents. Unfortunately it's going to be discussions of nursing homes and care facilities for my aging aunt who is in the process of rapid change right now. At least I can hope for snow on the Santiam Pass... we're all setup with the winter rims etc.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:01 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I may have to break down and put the top up on the 964 for a few days. A darn cold front came thru this morning and its only going to be in the mid 70's all weekend. Thank goodness the 80s will be back for next week
My phone and DSL has been screwed up on and off for the last month. Centurylink has been here 5 times now trying to chase it down. Today they jetted in a new line between the box and my house. 20 minutes after they leave the same problem happens. I call the guy back and he is at the house in a few minutes. Of course the line corrects itself in that time. I think its a problem with the DSL modem but who knows.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope to the get some more work on my car done - CV joints, etc. I'll post progress if I make any.

I guess my wife also has plans for me to put up Christmas lights, hang a few pictures, etc.

Marc
Old 11-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

Last weekend was the Porsche concours, but this weekend is all about my other car, since the Datsun Day car show is on Sunday.

The guys on the JDM forum were making fun of me, saying that I'd gone all Porsche crazy and had forgotten all about my Skyline so one thing led to another and I made a video response
Old 11-05-2011, 03:08 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Got the CV boot repair kit from Pelican for $10 and will refill my front diff with gear oil and then tackle front left side inner CV boot repair.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:44 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Ricardo, you've come a long way since we did the suspension on the car. Kinda turning into a wrench monkey

Quick Reply: Happy Friday!