Sponsored by:

pdas/abs

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 07:01 PM
napaul
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pdas/abs

i'm super excited right now just like a little kid went and picked up my car and been driving it around.First porsche i've ever owned.but there is one little problem right now fresh rebuilt engine,new alternater,and a new abs controler the box up front beside spare tire.i have the 2 lights on the dash for anti lock and the one for the pdas i believe.so i hooked up my durametric scan tool and it shows a fault code for module failure to initialize.where do i begin in tracking down the issue?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:18 PM
time666
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on you new car bud. I have a similar problem with the abs light on dash. From reading on here, you needs to be specific as poss, it seems that if the light comes on after 7 mph then this may be relating to wheels sensors. Mine stays on from start up, and still trying to find the cause after doing the common electrical tests for resistance and abs relay swaps. Loads of info on here via search box. Good luck pal.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

That durametric code means a communication failure to the ABS and not a specific fault within the ABS. Means durametric couldn't connect is all. First step for these problems is make sure brake fluid is at the FULL mark with the engine running. Hopefully it is as simple as that.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:56 PM
napaul
Racer

when you install a new abs controler is there a procedure to initialize or reset it to start fresh? Another observation is that the switch on the console for the traction control which is also on the dash will not do anything.....the bookk says i should see a yellow light blinking meaning it is engaged but i don't see it coming on and dash light stays on.....as for my abs light it is on from start up to shut down.i have the warning light come on in the console and i push the button that light goes out until next start cycle. I checked the brake fluid and it is topped up.....now that i think of it brakes lock up if i hit the brakes hard...anybody want to chime in on what i can try?
Old 05-07-2011, 08:07 PM
napaul
Racer

i was reading a little on the posts some one mention accelerometers in centre console is this something i should check and clean is it posible or have any correlation with the abs/traction control?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 PM
campoj2
Racer

Always a good idea to clean the accelerometers, especially if you cannot track down what's tripping the ABS light.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:38 PM
napaul
Racer

has anyone encountered maybe accelerometers being in backwards lick the lateral where the longitudinal should be.I ask cause i just removed mine to clean and noticed one had foil tape holding the plastic cover on.so obviously someone has removed them to clean before and i am wondering if they installed them wrong again.If so what symptoms would be present would it affect the pdas and abs?they look clean and when i wiggle them side to side they move freely. what is the part #'s for the lateral and longitudinal so i can compare part #'s and make sure they are in there proper location?
Old 05-08-2011, 10:54 AM
nvrlft
Instructor

I did some work on the accelerometers over the winter. I have a thread up on Rennlist. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:25 AM
napaul
Racer

is it possible if the locks weren't bled after the rebuild and clutch replacement that it would cause the systems not to work since they both work in conjuction with each other?the mechanic mentioned that he bled the clutch. Also is there a way of testing relay r34 or switch it with another to test as it supplies power to abs controler does it not?
Old 05-09-2011, 02:56 AM
napaul
Racer

ok so here is an update after reading somemore posts i went and tested relay r34 by jumperig pin30 and 87 right away i heard the pump kick in.So i went into vehicle and started her up and low and behold light on centre console lit up for traction control and both lights on dash went out the yellow trctiion control symbol and antilock.no more buzzer either.

So let me ask this.... for proper light sequence when you turn on the car all warning lights come on for a couple seconds and i even had a green traction light come on and then off which i did not previously.

should the yellow light on centre console be on all the time when vehicle is running or does it take a few seconds to presurize up the system and then come on ? or does it only come on when you turn the switch to engage traction control?

Quick Reply: pdas/abs