Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 3.6 into 91 964 need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Progress has been made we are down to the harness.

demas brothers I have a question for you? Why did you run the green and black wire from the engine harness then put the red wire to come into the car? Is there a reason you just didnt take the green and black wire from the 993 harness when its under the driver seat? Also what did you guys do for the oil temp wireing or are you just useing one of those red lights since its a race car? We have been going over the wire diagrams and have found only a few differences in the 964 to the 993 harnesses. I will post pictures and updates in the next week or so. We have just been really busy lately. Luckily I have MTech in new rochelle new york they are great. Great place to go if you guys need anything. Anyone with any helpfull info is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:49 PM
hdemas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have the benefit of having the wiring diagrams or the car nearby, so I will have to go by memory. I can look it up and give you a more detailed explanation in a few weeks.

On the big red wire: My recollection is that the green/black wire didn't run as part of the 964 body harness from the left-rear corner to the under-the-seat location. The green/black wire comes off of the 993 engine wiring harness in the left-rear corner, not in the under-the-seat location. In a 993, the green/black wire would continues on in the 993 body wiring harness from the left-rear corner. In a 964, the same wire comes off the 964 engine wiring harness in the under-the-seat location where it continues on in the 964 body wiring harness.

All I was doing with the big red wire was bridging the gap between the 993 engine wiring harness dropping off the green/black wire in the left-rear corner (my recollection is that the 993 engine wiring harness won't get you the green/black wire in the under-the-seat location) and the 964 body wiring harness wanting the green/black wire to be delivered to the under-the-seat location by the engine wiring harness. It may be possible that I missed someting in the wiring diagrams and that I could have avoided the separate wire, but in any event, this is the reason for the wire. If this still doesn't make sense after you look at the wiring diagrams, let me know and I'll look at them in a week or two when I will have them available.

On the oil temp wiring: I am using all the stock 964 gauges, including the oil temp. Works perfectly. The wiring instructions I gave you include the wiring for the oil temp.

By the way, your postings on the exhaust have been great. Glad to see thing progressing along.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok great I will go back to the diagrams and give you guys my findings in a few days with an update. Thanks for the help as always. I will leave you guys with a teaser pic of whats to come. lol.
Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2012, 01:35 AM
hdemas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. Actually, it looks like my car, except for the black paint and the two air conditioning lines running across the engine.

Quick Reply: 993 3.6 into 91 964 need help