Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawk's Friday post March 25

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:34 PM
campoj2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife saw the Fedex box from Porsche, my covert Op may be compromised. When queried about the parts from Porsche I pretended that she was speaking a foreign language and ran away. For some reason, she got pissed off and went upstairs...I locked up all of the weapons so I'll be OK for now.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
Rob, I've got the driver's side B-pillar seal that has to be replaced; it was bent and mangled and didn't survive the dis-assembly I'd like to redo the other upper seals as i have a drip on both sides up where the top meets the frame. Not sure if I need the one on the leading edge of the cab top, or if it's the seal the window fits in on the upper side. And yes... I know it's not cheap- looks like almost $600 for all the seals.

I also noticed the b-pillar seals whistle a bit. Did you try to move that bracket forward any to quiet the whistle? Did you have a whistle? :shrug:
Did I have a whistle? No. Did I try adjusting the brackets that hold the window rubber? Yes. It helped but didn't solve my problem. Replacing the rubber completely did. I replaced the horizontal ones at the top of the windows (bottom side of the roof) and also the one running vertically at the rear end of the window.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:14 PM
vasculardoc
Instructor

Originally Posted by campoj2
My wife saw the Fedex box from Porsche, my covert Op may be compromised. When queried about the parts from Porsche I pretended that she was speaking a foreign language and ran away. For some reason, she got pissed off and went upstairs...I locked up all of the weapons so I'll be OK for now.
Hmmmm similar feeling last night when the wife found out that the major service and four new rotors/pads etc etc plus a few minor mixups had just cost me AUD$3600 - didn't find it funny when I pointed out that it was a $1 per cc.

Knives now hidden and me keeping low profile

On the up side I'm taking my 4yo tomorrow for a Porsche club drive in the adelaidenhills which should be fun :-)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 PM
campoj2
Racer

I'm telling my 6 year old that daddy bought a race car...
Old 03-25-2011, 09:36 PM
alanp
Instructor

new wheels, tires, H&R & shocks due in next week and car is going into the shop for a physical. Hopefully no major fixes will be needed....we'll see. Took her out today & ran thru the paces...god I love these cars.
Have a good weekend fellas!

alanP
Old 03-26-2011, 12:08 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Did I have a whistle? No. Did I try adjusting the brackets that hold the window rubber? Yes. It helped but didn't solve my problem. Replacing the rubber completely did. I replaced the horizontal ones at the top of the windows (bottom side of the roof) and also the one running vertically at the rear end of the window.
you know the current price for that little vertical seal with rail? $375!!!! got the rail for $125, and the damn seal was $240, not including shipping. Used Sunset (no affiliation). Pelican had the seal cheaper, but the only way to get that price was for new old stock which would be 15+ yrs old. ughhhhh

i love my car, i love my car, i love my car, i love my car, i love my car, .....
Old 03-26-2011, 08:25 AM
campoj2
Racer

I forgot what the hell I was going to post, need to get that cup of coffee
Old 03-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
you know the current price for that little vertical seal with rail? $375!!!! got the rail for $125, and the damn seal was $240, not including shipping. Used Sunset (no affiliation). Pelican had the seal cheaper, but the only way to get that price was for new old stock which would be 15+ yrs old. ughhhhh

i love my car, i love my car, i love my car, i love my car, i love my car, .....
$375....Ouch! And that's one side too!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:31 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup- one effing side!!!! The rail was bent on this one, otherwise I'd have gone with just the seal. The welded piece is over at the painters now, and should be done by Tuesday or Wednesday. $25 to paint it for me 3-5 business days to get the seal to OR, then another 2-3 days to get it to me... ugh Hoping to have it back together by April 9th. fingers crossed guys!

Quick Reply: Hawk's Friday post March 25