Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalling - yes I have that too...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling - yes I have that too...

After reading extensive threads on stalling I am now in the quagmire of having to sort out which among a few things could go wrong. Today I will start with the DME relay and cleaning the ISV. Hopefully I sort it out.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Anthony Hutt
Intermediate

Had similar problems with stalling until engine reached operating temperature and cleaned isv but problem persisted and then a few months later xmas tree etc. which eventually caused ecu to malfunction. Changed coils but still the cel would come on until I changed rotors,caps and spark plug & leads and now everything is running perfect.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 PM
ian89C4
Pro

Check the O2 sensor - could be caked in soot or just bad. I had an issue where the car would stall when I came to a stop. With the trouble shooting help of my mechanic we determined that it was the sensor and it fixed it right up.

I agree in starting with the DME and then the ISV - if that doesn't work I would look to the O2 sensor
Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys.

It seems okay now after cleaning the ISV. Phew. It was getting annoying. Thanks to the archives of this board I was able to trouble shoot.

Quick Reply: Stalling - yes I have that too...