Sponsored by:

964 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 03:54 PM
parsonii
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R6XTERRA
Sam, thanks so much. I struggled finding information for a reputable turbo builder that would not break the bank and especially speaking to people with real world experience. I think we will be seeing a lot more folks wanting to go this route.

The best part of this kit is that its .5bar and runs low psi 7.25 which does not harm the stock motor. Operating temps are no different than before. Maybe a tiny bit hotter when you run it hard.

This is a very basic kit, you can add so much more such as piggy back, boost controller, intercooler etc. This kit does NOT come with a boost guage, I did not care as I am thinking of doing the clock combination with boost, afr etc. I will be doing this before spring. I was not too worried especially since I was only able to drive it for a few weeks before it had to go into storage.

Todd likes to use the stock 993 injectors and has had success. My car did not like them, every car is different. I recommend minimum 32lb injectors and if you are thinking of stage 2 at some point, go with the 36lb. I had the 36lbs installed.

the engine looks great and the work looks first rate. for less than 10k that's a nice package. curious if you did a pre-post dyno? todd k is the motronic guru and his modifications would add value. im sure he gets cars sent to him from all over the place to his shop in arkansas.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:58 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Parsonii,

I did not get my car dynod before hand. Reason being is that I needed to do maintenance on my car, wires, plugs, dizzy belt, seals etc. My dizzy belt snapped the previous year before i put it away. I think i put 100km on it before i had all this work done, this was to take it to the shop. All the powdercoating was farmed out $255.00 from a local powdercoater. I have alot more than 10k into my car, but i have done alot of things to my car over and above the standard kit. If your car has all the maintenance done already you are very safe at 10k with you doing the instal on your own.

The best money spent to make sure your car is running 100% , get it tuned!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
psiegel
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are some of the details that went with the Protomotive stage 2 installation @ 142,000
Complete engine rebuild with compression at 8.5 to 1
Racing valve springs, 9mm rod bolt kit, case studs, Dilver head studs, New 100mm piston rings
New ramps, chains, bearings, etc, etc
Garrett turbo, 41 mm TiAl wastgate 1 bar,
993 MAF, air temp sensor, 993 GT2 twin turbo fuel pump and injectors, and software
Duel 964 oil coolers with lowered thermo fan switch mod
Full width intercooler with 965 turbo S fixed wing
996 GT2 twin turbo clutch and pressure plate
The K & N cone air filter is located behind the blower Motor directly above the turbo. You will want to locate the intake as close to the turbo as possible.

Quick Reply: 964 upgrade