Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at this '91..Comments?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

well don't forget these are low mileage "cream puffs"
which is what I was wanted.... until I learned that none of the TBs or common sense fluid changes had been carried out.

-Black gear oil
-Black Steering fluid
-Black Accumulator brake fluid
-Original (3) resistors
-No Dist Vent kits, orig dist. belt.
etc.

Its a catch-22 because the ones properly taken care of have much more mileage.
When is the last time anyone saw a C2 coupe with < 30K miles for sale?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think *some* of these owners actually do the proper maintenance. But you generally can't tell by outward appearance, it's true - you'd need comprehensive records, which you generally won't get from a dealer.
And the "rubber" stuff - bushings, hoses, lines - suffer all the same, so you'd have to expect that.
Personally, I'll still take lower miles any day. I think it's worth the premium, all else being equal.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:51 AM
rarebear
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone seems to run away from high mileage Porsches and look for low mileage 964's,
not good ! I bought my 89 C2 coupe with 240k ( kilometres) it has a stack of bills as thick as the Bible, almost everything was at one time renewed, engine totally overhauled at 150k. 911's are built to be driven ! and preferably hard !
I paid 20k usd. The car runs fantastically, clocked 271 km (GPS) on the German autobahn... oil consumption practically 0.
Only one thing bothers me, gas consumption 15 litres per 100km , with a litre price of
almost 2 usd , it hurts. Everytime I put 120 usd in the tank...auggghh

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking at this '91..Comments?