Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011 | 07:50 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ray stobbs
looking great norm would look even better in martine blue
Originally Posted by Atgani
Ah, you know Phil H then !

How about Gulf Blue ?

http://www.germansportscars.net/GB/s...4-rs/323/4280/

Or Audi RS/Nogaro Blue . . . . . . .
Yes, a school friend lived in a thatched cottage right next to his unit, and ever since a youngster I used to watch his cars come in and out of his unit.

Gulf is nice, especially the rare 964RS from Thomas S, but too light for this period of car! I love Maritime

What colour you choosing?
Old 07-08-2011 | 08:10 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nski
Its was Green, then Maritime, now Ferrari Fly, back to green, then uncle Alexander has bought a maritime blue RS and says I should do it in blue.

I need help!
Hey mate,

Hope all is well - car is looking spectacular! Been following attentively, thanks for sharing!

Here's my 2p/ logic, Ferrari Fly is too Ferrari for a 964.

You want a colour that is typically 964. So that leaves Maritime or Viper Green.

Well if it was your only 964 I'd go with something easy to live/ more conspicuous, that's got to be Maritime out of the two left. But since you have that gorgeous GP White car go with Viper Green!

PS. Did you buy a long neck G-pipe in the end?
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2011 | 08:14 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Blood orange would still be my choice....not a typical 964 colour but then again this is not a typical 964 project. Great pics Norm and Atgani
Old 07-08-2011 | 08:39 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Blood orange would still be my choice....not a typical 964 colour but then again this is not a typical 964 project. Great pics Norm and Atgani
I agree Steve, blood Orange is a great colour and very rare too!

Now am thinking

http://www.germansportscars.net/GB/c...11-964-rs/174/

But one problem, which is always on th back of my mind is my log book colour change, dont you hate colour change on a log book?
Old 07-08-2011 | 08:41 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Don't waste time thinking about a colour Norm, just paint it Continental Orange. If it's good enough for my Vespa....
Attached Images   
Old 07-08-2011 | 08:46 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
Hey mate,

Hope all is well - car is looking spectacular! Been following attentively, thanks for sharing!

Here's my 2p/ logic, Ferrari Fly is too Ferrari for a 964.

You want a colour that is typically 964. So that leaves Maritime or Viper Green.

Well if it was your only 964 I'd go with something easy to live/ more conspicuous, that's got to be Maritime out of the two left. But since you have that gorgeous GP White car go with Viper Green!

PS. Did you buy a long neck G-pipe in the end?
Frank, this was my colour choice benchmark car to have, its AP Designs creation, lovely colour, but the green am having is a slight different, Porsche 997 Green.

Oh it will sound as nice as yours when its finished, got me thinking after i went out with you that day

As for colour....

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:55 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Don't waste time thinking about a colour Norm, just paint it Continental Orange. If it's good enough for my Vespa....
WOW, is that a custom colour on the Vespa?

Is Continental Orange the same orange used on the Jagermister Porsche? am sure John Gynn's 911 is continental orange!
Old 07-08-2011 | 09:27 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

WOW, is that a custom colour on the Vespa?

Is Continental Orange the same orange used on the Jagermister Porsche? am sure John Gynn's 911 is continental orange!

Everything is custom when it is restored at 9m!

The Vespa was a little pet project of mine last year & I decided to replicate the style of the 2.7RS by painting it 1974 Continental Orange with black Fuchs style wheels & the odd splash of chrome for goodwill. I don't know about the Jagermeister car, however it is a period colour for the 3.0 RSR so who knows? What I can tell you is that if it was my 964RS recreation I was painting, it would be this colour without a question.
Old 07-08-2011 | 09:49 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Everything is custom when it is restored at 9m!

The Vespa was a little pet project of mine last year & I decided to replicate the style of the 2.7RS by painting it 1974 Continental Orange with black Fuchs style wheels & the odd splash of chrome for goodwill. I don't know about the Jagermeister car, however it is a period colour for the 3.0 RSR so who knows? What I can tell you is that if it was my 964RS recreation I was painting, it would be this colour without a question.
Bloody Orange was my 1st choice, then maritime then Viper.

May I ask Colin why you would choose Continental Orange? is it because its one of your favourite colours? or because theres not a 964 thats in that colour?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40786916@N05/4131823118/
Old 07-08-2011 | 09:49 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Frank, this was my colour choice benchmark car to have, its AP Designs creation, lovely colour, but the green am having is a slight different, Porsche 997 Green.

Oh it will sound as nice as yours when its finished, got me thinking after i went out with you that day

As for colour....

Have to say that Blood Orange does look good with the gold rims...

OT. Did I hear you were thinking of parting with your Recaros or am I confused?
Old 07-09-2011 | 02:00 AM
candela
Intermediate

blood orange or maritime.... either would suit it nicely
Old 07-09-2011 | 07:15 AM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Hi Norman, this was my original colour choice :

However it then changed to this :

After much deliberation I've settled on this :

As for the comment about Ferrari Giallo Fly being too" Ferrari", I'd beg to differ, whilst it's very different to Speed Yellow , it still suits the 964 shape to perfection (IMO)

You could of course go for the oh so rare Coral red metallic :

But if your going that route, you may as well go with it's modern day equivalent : Zanzibar . . . . .

(mind you, it doesn't look so good in dull weather !)

I don't envy your having to make a choice on this project
Old 07-09-2011 | 09:30 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Bloody Orange was my 1st choice, then maritime then Viper.

May I ask Colin why you would choose Continental Orange? is it because its one of your favourite colours? or because theres not a 964 thats in that colour?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40786916@N05/4131823118/

I guess my main motivation for liking the 964RS was the range of "jellybean" colours that Porsche chose when they launched the car, hence why the 9m logo is Maritime B, Rubystone R, Speed Y & Mint G. Nowadays they have all been so widely accepted as RS colours that if you are building a car and want to make an impact, you have to look outside of the box. Since retro is "in", 72-74 RS colours are a natural place to look first.
Old 07-09-2011 | 10:13 AM
ray stobbs
Racer

thats very clever colin i had not noticed that norm i thought your mind was set on viper green neils already to go so you better stop him
Old 07-09-2011 | 10:43 AM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

I guess my main motivation for liking the 964RS was the range of "jellybean" colours that Porsche chose when they launched the car, hence why the 9m logo is Maritime B, Rubystone R, Speed Y & Mint G. Nowadays they have all been so widely accepted as RS colours that if you are building a car and want to make an impact, you have to look outside of the box. Since retro is "in", 72-74 RS colours are a natural place to look first.
Originally Posted by ray stobbs
thats very clever colin i had not noticed that norm i thought your mind was set on viper green neils already to go so you better stop him
Originally Posted by Atgani
Hi Norman, this was my original colour choice :

However it then changed to this :

After much deliberation I've settled on this :

As for the comment about Ferrari Giallo Fly being too" Ferrari", I'd beg to differ, whilst it's very different to Speed Yellow , it still suits the 964 shape to perfection (IMO)

You could of course go for the oh so rare Coral red metallic :

But if your going that route, you may as well go with it's modern day equivalent : Zanzibar . . . . .

(mind you, it doesn't look so good in dull weather !)

I don't envy your having to make a choice on this project
Originally Posted by candela
blood orange or maritime.... either would suit it nicely
Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
Have to say that Blood Orange does look good with the gold rims...

OT. Did I hear you were thinking of parting with your Recaros or am I confused?
On that note its definately boils down to Viper and Blood Orange, but deep down I want blood Orange!

Atangi your right, theres no envy in me choosing a colour! One day its that colour and then it changes the next!

Colin, I like what your saying, think out the box because these cars look great in any sort of Jellybean colours!

Huh!

Quick Reply: Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)