Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:24 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferdie
If I may step in at this point, I am inclined to believe that it is spelled Cadmiumgelb (11V).

Hi, thanks for the correction and for the link. That is a fantastic site for Porsche colours...
Old 08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
drknauf
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 24 Posts

what i heard is that it was called cadniumgelb but as we all know i can,t listen very well so it could be cadmiumgelb aswell .

this is all i can find for now , i know the owner this RS only has 3500 km,s on the clock

greettzz knauf
Old 08-03-2011, 04:29 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Wow, that's the nicest yellow I've seen so far. Unbelievable . So it has a little metallic in it? Sorry for the semi OT.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, its coming very close now to choosing the colour, narrowing it down to Viper Green but Blut Orange is near to the books. What I like about Blut orange is its dark orange giving it a more bold, solid colour showing more shape and form of the car.

Hopefully back on track, deciding to have the car painted in 2 Pack rather than waterbase. Prefably 2 pack and laquer

What do you think?

Its got to work on a 64 and even on this 997 Gemballa

Old 08-05-2011, 10:25 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

That orange looks great.

Looking at your first picture...what about painting the spoiler grill orange (body color) also? I really don't have an opinion either way...just a thought.

I can't remember the details of your build, are you going with Yellowbird style window frame mirrors? Black headlight rings? Which wheels?
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
That orange looks great.

Looking at your first picture...what about painting the spoiler grill orange (body color) also? I really don't have an opinion either way...just a thought.

I can't remember the details of your build, are you going with Yellowbird style window frame mirrors? Black headlight rings? Which wheels?
No i think the spoiler grill should stay black as it breaks the orange or any other colour up.

I would keep the cup mirrors as these are more functional than your cup/dtm mirrors you cant even see out of and not sure with the wheels or headlight rings.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:46 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Nski
No i think the spoiler grill should stay black as it breaks the orange or any other colour up..
Understood, the car should be built to your taste. It just caught my eye in the photo, the bold color really makes the grill stick out...and look big.

That's how I feel about painting the lower bumper covers and side sils. Makes the bumper look even bigger and brings the eye down... (I know it's a favorite of many on the forum - no flames, just my view).

I would keep the cup mirrors as these are more functional than your cup/dtm mirrors you cant even see out of and not sure with the wheels or headlight rings.
I didn't suggest my mirrors.

Ruf (CTR style) mirrors are different from my mirrors, and don't require the the holes in the door. A very clean design. My mirrors are Sebring Vitaloni mirrors (mounted on the Flag mirror base). Actually, I can see out of them quite well thank you. Convex lenses are the key my friend...

Good luck with the rest of the build. Fun decisions!

Here's Ruf CTR mirror, a visual from my mirror...and a really nice looking orange car.
Attached Images    
Old 08-06-2011, 05:46 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Orange is soooo uncool without Jaegermeister logo's ;-)

Have you considered titanium/champagne satin??? Now that's uebercool.....
Old 08-06-2011, 05:53 AM
ray stobbs
Racer

hi norm i think your like i kid in a sweet shop and dont know which one to choose i would be the same but i only have dreams for maritime and women dressed in maritime underwear
Old 08-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ray stobbs
hi norm i think your like i kid in a sweet shop and dont know which one to choose i would be the same but i only have dreams for maritime and women dressed in maritime underwear
Yep, I'd be the same. Maritme Blue every time, but failing that, it'd be Viper Green.

Have you considered Zyclamrot Metallic?
Old 08-06-2011, 07:08 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blood orange is looking good Norm!

A set of Ruf cup mirrors went cheap recently on eBay. I was tempted but Franks review of them (when he checked them out for his car) put me off. No point in having no rear view!

Chris
Old 08-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

The Cup dtm mirrors are lovely, and certainly cleans the lines on the car without the interuption and breaks from these big cup mirrors. But in terms of practicality, I know which one i'd choose! So Chris, Franks car may look good, but can he check his rear sides?

As for the rear boot vent, I think personally the black is fine. Whereas the colourcoded sills makes the car look lower, same with the front lower lip but people normally leave the front black as it catches stones quite easily. But Jetta each to their own I guess.

Evo, orange isn't great with Jagermister logos!ha I agree but dont you love the colour, but am sure the Jagermister orange is lighter? to be corrected.

Ray, yes its like a kid in a toy shop, not knowing which one to choose because he likes them all. Afterall its like a blank canvas!

What I dont want to do is go for the most obvious colour, especially when you associate Maritime blue, Signal Green,etc with the 964RSs. But orange is more of a unique colour and rare too on a 964, but dont know if the colour will last through time.

Whereas Viper Green, is similar to Signal but in reflection to an up to date colour of whats about now on the 996-997.

My Irish friend Derek says choose a colour you and everyone loves ie Maritime because you have to think of the next person who owns the car but colours like Green is like chalk and cheese with people. You either like it or hate it!

huh!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nski

My Irish friend Derek says choose a colour you and everyone loves ie Maritime because you have to think of the next person who owns the car but colours like Green is like chalk and cheese with people. You either like it or hate it!

huh!
Depends how long you intend to keep it for. I had the same dilemma, do I go for a colour that is sellable i.e. something like GP White or do I go for a colour that I really like. In the end, I decided to go with what I really like since I can't see myself selling the car anytime soon.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:00 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

My 64 is Baltic blue and it's a nice blue but boring so if I ever get round to painting it a different colour viper green or mint are my favs so I think your choice of viper is a good one as it will look the nuts when done!! .... Its a winner in my book....
Old 08-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how about AQUA blue? (just paint it rubystone)

Quick Reply: Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)