Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 04:21 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's more like it!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Unkle
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, looks like a great project. I miss resto/project pics from my vortex VW forum days, but I'm really look forward to more of this and Si77 pics.
Great job on the glue and foam, I bet that after a couple of hours you were wondering why...

(Don't miss doing this sort of thing myself though).
Old 10-20-2010, 06:34 AM
carl964
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the instructions on getting the side window out. Its a job I need to do this winter on mine to treat a little bit of rust under the window trim. Looks easy. I imagined I'd have to take out some interior trim and this saves me much investigation!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boxsey911
That's more like it!
Really Stevean I could do with another hand! Hint hint!that goes with any other local person to drop in and give me a hand!ha
Old 10-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Si77
Advanced

I'd been wondering when we'd get to see this.
Fantastic work, can't wait to see more pics and progress
Keep 'em coming!
Cheers
Si
Old 10-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Unkle
Wow, looks like a great project. I miss resto/project pics from my vortex VW forum days, but I'm really look forward to more of this and Si77 pics.
Great job on the glue and foam, I bet that after a couple of hours you were wondering why...

(Don't miss doing this sort of thing myself though).
Tell u the truth,I still mooch around vw vortex looking at the US projects,as I still keep in touch with some continental dubbers.Also getting ideas for my audi:-)

There has been many days especially now that I think WHY am I doing this, and what on earth have I been doing today,having spent the whole day taking just the 3 items off! Now I understand how people feel now working as a one man band in those little garages in the middle of winter:-(

Anyways there's loads more hardwork to come yet! But as everyone says, its worth it!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by carl964
thanks for the instructions on getting the side window out. Its a job I need to do this winter on mine to treat a little bit of rust under the window trim. Looks easy. I imagined I'd have to take out some interior trim and this saves me much investigation!
Once u get the hang of one u can do the main big ones, but take ur time on the 1st one. U don't want to start shoving and putting a screwdriver through the window!Because the window seals are so tight, the hardest bit is getting the 1st screwdriver point in, by pressing or rolling the 1st part of the rubber,then the second screwdriver pressing about 10mm away,and so on right way or clockwise round the screen.Try starting at ther top middle,where is slacker then u find the corners to be tighter and more difficult to do.

Think u get the gist! Can't wait to put them back in carefully when the car is fully painted.Not!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:50 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nski
Really Stevean I could do with another hand! Hint hint!that goes with any other local person to drop in and give me a hand!ha
Track season ends after Oulton Park next week....I'll check my diary
Old 10-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Si77
I'd been wondering when we'd get to see this.
Fantastic work, can't wait to see more pics and progress
Keep 'em coming!
Cheers
Si
Thanks Si! Yeah been postponing the build thread,as my progress was slow getting on the computer, then uploading pics.

Work aint started yet, I guess this is when the hard work starts, when you start stripping and finding things on this 20year old + car that had been used daily.

I've left more work for myself,especially when colour changing the car and odd bits,as I go along.

Work starts NOW!huh

P.S how is yours coming on?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Track season ends after Oulton Park next week....I'll check my diary
Ha!will probably come down for a picnic next week;-)

Is it the Porsche track day?Neil my buddy who owns this bodyshop wants to know if you can sort out a cheaper session for a half day, or get him in at Porsche club member prices:-) please. Oh Neil owns a banana of a GT2!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:50 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nski
Ha!will probably come down for a picnic next week;-)

Is it the Porsche track day?Neil my buddy who owns this bodyshop wants to know if you can sort out a cheaper session for a half day, or get him in at Porsche club member prices:-) please. Oh Neil owns a banana of a GT2!
Yes it is but he's confusing me with someone who has any influence....register assistants like me are one step down from a dogsbody

I doubt if a half day is possible but even the non-member rate of £265 for a day at Oulton is pretty good value IMO. They keep the numbers low so there's loads of track time. There will be a few of us 964ers there so plenty of room for p/x rides. To check availability he should ring 01608 652917.

Of course.....there will be tea and cake too
Old 10-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Yes it is but he's confusing me with someone who has any influence....register assistants like me are one step down from a dogsbody

I doubt if a half day is possible but even the non-member rate of £265 for a day at Oulton is pretty good value IMO. They keep the numbers low so there's loads of track time. There will be a few of us 964ers there so plenty of room for p/x rides. To check availability he should ring 01608 652917.

Of course.....there will be tea and cake too
Thanks Steve, will tell him, if not he will read this:-)

Will take your offer on the tea and cakes!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Because the car is getting a colourchange, and my mind keeps on changing from week to be,

What colour should I go?

Not white as I already have white!

Speed Yellow
Rubystone red
PepperMint green
Riviera blue
Maritime blue
Signal green
Herring grey

This week its Martime blue:-D
Old 10-20-2010, 03:22 PM
deleonl1
Racer

Rubystone Red or Peppermint Green
Old 10-20-2010, 03:25 PM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Norm
Colour choice - very difficult when you have a blank canvas! It gave me many sleepless nights!!
I reckon best bet for Neil will be to try and buy an afternoon slot once he's there. Unless it's majorily over subscribed, should be able to get an afternoon drive.
Cheers Graham

Quick Reply: Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)