Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2010, 11:36 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by GoKart
Is that true for New York, also...?
Check with your state and Individual insurance company requirements. It is one of those things nobody thinks about until it becomes an issue.

Originally Posted by mojo747
Cobalt, do you race NASCAR? What's up with your tach and speedo?
I have been doing this to all my 911's since the late 70's. On the track it makes it easier to see the tach on the street the same thing especially in the turbo the redline comes up awfully fast and this allows me the least distraction and shorts movement of my head. I am a large guy so I sit high in the seat and the speedo is blocked above 80 mph in the stock position. this allows me to see 120mph. Anything over that and not much you can do to stay out of trouble so this is a simple way to see when I reach that "too fast for street" zone. One thing when climbing from one car to the next, the time the C2 hits 75 I am easily at or above 120 in the turbo and have gone through the same number of shifts a lot of driving has to do with feel and timing. It is hard to tell how fast you are going in the turbo and under WOT your head is kind of pined against the seat.

Here was my old RS clone interior. I had the momo and as you can see additional gauges I mounted in the dash to help with engine management while tracking it. Now I have the in tach gauge from In your face gauges that tells you everything with the pull of a leaver.
Attached Images    
Old 02-08-2010, 11:53 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by mojo747
Cobalt, do you race NASCAR? What's up with your tach and speedo?
When you change to a smaller diameter steering wheel, certain parts of your gauges become difficult to read by just glancing at them.

Originally Posted by GoKart
Is that true for New York, also...?
When I installed the Momo wheel I called Geico and had them reflect the change on my insurance policy. The price went up by $20 over 6 months.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The cast off Momo from the Spec Miata:
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:20 PM
sturm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schlicht911
This is a 996 3 Spoke Airbag Steering Wheel in my ´91 C4.
To get a later steering wheel in an earlier car requires what exactly??

'93rsa 3.8
Old 02-09-2010, 03:59 PM
mojo747
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Check with your state and Individual insurance company requirements. It is one of those things nobody thinks about until it becomes an issue.

I have been doing this to all my 911's since the late 70's. On the track it makes it easier to see the tach on the street the same thing especially in the turbo the redline comes up awfully fast and this allows me the least distraction and shorts movement of my head. I am a large guy so I sit high in the seat and the speedo is blocked above 80 mph in the stock position. this allows me to see 120mph. Anything over that and not much you can do to stay out of trouble so this is a simple way to see when I reach that "too fast for street" zone. One thing when climbing from one car to the next, the time the C2 hits 75 I am easily at or above 120 in the turbo and have gone through the same number of shifts a lot of driving has to do with feel and timing. It is hard to tell how fast you are going in the turbo and under WOT your head is kind of pined against the seat.

Here was my old RS clone interior. I had the momo and as you can see additional gauges I mounted in the dash to help with engine management while tracking it. Now I have the in tach gauge from In your face gauges that tells you everything with the pull of a leaver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilko:

When you change to a smaller diameter steering wheel, certain parts of your gauges become difficult to read by just glancing at them.

I have noticed this as well. The shadow from the wheel also shades the keyhole at night when fumbling under the dome lights. Sacrifices.
The diagonal guages do look cool. And functional. I'm sold.

Quick Reply: Show me your .......