Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your .......

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
HAB5000
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers! though linen carpets & leather are a PITA actually, a nightmare to keep clean! Air freshener was a present from the other half, so kinda felt obliged to use it.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Porsche Momo Cup Wheel
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Jonnygo1
Pro

Here are two of my favorite interior mods.
Attached Images   
Old 02-04-2010, 10:47 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Here's my Momo Mod .07 from the RSA. Same as the Porsche Motorsport version but without the red logo at 3 o'clock and $500 cheaper:

Old 02-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Oracle
Pro

I got the OEM AirBag wheel that won the trophy for the fugliest and most boring steering wheel Porsche ever produced..
Yeah that one that is not worth a picture...
Old 02-05-2010, 05:12 AM
wagonface
Instructor

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
i may be incorrect, but as i recall the seat rails can be repositioned to give you another 2" of travel.
i am 6' and my seat is fully extended, so at 6'2" you may enjoy a little extra room?? might want to ck it out (cheap mod).
I am 6'2" and struggle to get comfortable. I can move the seat far enough back for my legs, but then the steering wheel and gearstick are too far away. I am going to buy a steering wheel spacer, but obviously the gearstick cant be moved, so I guess I will always feel that my arms have to stretch to change gears. To get an ideal position I would need to move the pedals away from me, but again that's not a feasible mod! Or I could try and stretch my arms using weights I guess.

And here is my wheel.
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2010, 06:47 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

raspberryroadster, sure looks like the Matador carpet in your 964. Funnily enough there is a chap that appears a few doors down from me every once in a while with a WB 964 in exactly the same colour scheme as yours. I had a chat with him (for a few hours!) last year about our cars; we were both out stroking them Next time I see him I will ask if he knows the code. I will also ask the guy that is doing the re-trim on mine. I will be getting an update today and he knows absolutely everything about Porsche trim, to the point of being a geek.

Redcoat, a black CS wheel would look great on the blue. I went for black because, as much as I love the red trim, the black helps to keep it under-control. It is, as others have said above, a thick wheel. I am split between the original thin rimmed four spoke ( non-airbag ) and the CS. I rather like a large, delicate wheel ( goes back to my classic MG/Lotus days ), but the CS wheel gives much more knee room and still looks period correct.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:00 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

Highjack - apologies, but thought it best to post this so it can be found by others that may want to know, rather than PM'd.

rasberryroadster: Just spoken to David Nunn at Southbound and he filled me in on your car's colour scheme; he loves being asked this kind of stuff.

Rasberry Red was an American market name only. However, it was available RoW and in English is called Rhodamine Red, for paint, carpet and leather. There are 7 language variations on that, all sounding the same, though the German is Himber Rot (sp.). Dealers will only see it on PET as Rhodamine Red, even in the US.

The paint code is 83E, the leather code is L37 and the carpet code is M10 . If you want to check that you have matching carpet and leather, look under either your driver or passenger footwell carpet mat. There should be a plastic tab on the back of one; the last three digits are the carpet code i.e. should be M10. If it is M10, then the leather will be L37.

The Germnan company that made the leather went bust in '96; same company that made my Matador Red, hence I had to have the new stuff custom made. David still has a few meters of carpet on his stock. If you want to ask him anything, his email is southboundmotor@btconnect.com and tel.no. is +44(0)1264 810080 . Hope that helps/makes sense.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Redcoat
Instructor

Originally Posted by wagonface
I am 6'2" and struggle to get comfortable. I can move the seat far enough back for my legs, but then the steering wheel and gearstick are too far away. I am going to buy a steering wheel spacer, but obviously the gearstick cant be moved, so I guess I will always feel that my arms have to stretch to change gears.
My problem exactly - I noticed when I drove my neigbours '75 911S that the early cars need even more of a stretch to get into 5th gear.

The 964 not quite so bad but I could do with being a couple of inches closer to the wheel. I know my old instructor would not be impressed with my current Stirling Moss laid back style.

Originally Posted by meek
raspberryroadster,
Redcoat, a black CS wheel would look great on the blue. I went for black because, as much as I love the red trim, the black helps to keep it under-control. It is, as others have said above, a thick wheel. I am split between the original thin rimmed four spoke ( non-airbag ) and the CS. I rather like a large, delicate wheel ( goes back to my classic MG/Lotus days ), but the CS wheel gives much more knee room and still looks period correct.
Meek: You're right about keeping the colour 'under control'. With a black wheel and black track mats I think I'l be heading in the right direction in toning the blue down a bit.

Many thanks guys, much appreciate all the input and inspiration.

Last edited by Redcoat; 02-05-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:43 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wagonface
I am 6'2" and struggle to get comfortable. I can move the seat far enough back for my legs, but then the steering wheel and gearstick are too far away. I am going to buy a steering wheel spacer, but obviously the gearstick cant be moved, so I guess I will always feel that my arms have to stretch to change gears. To get an ideal position I would need to move the pedals away from me, but again that's not a feasible mod! Or I could try and stretch my arms using weights I guess.

And here is my wheel.
nice wheel/nice interior.

you might want to search out "short shifters".....or post a question to those that have installed same.
i believe they will bring the shift lever in (towards you) an inch or so (certainly remove some of the "freeplay" in the shifter.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Momo Montrcarlo.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:59 AM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Here is my steering wheel. Its a Momo/Porsche Design from the late 80's or early 90's. Ive been told its rather rare.
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2010, 11:05 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

^^^ I was bidding on one on Ebay last year and missed the end. Was it you that bought it? Curse you! The only other wheel that floats my boat. It has a rather 1930s racing Bentley look to it, but suits the 964 a treat. I am always keeping an eye out for another.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Here is mine:

and a more recent photo:

Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^^^