9m: new Ninemeister website, feedback required please

Old 12-11-2009, 12:46 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 9m: new Ninemeister website, feedback required please

We're proud to announce that the new 9m website is finally online at the original address: http://www.ninemeister.com/

The new site is now live, I suppose it is a bit of a beta release version as it is very much work in progress, however there are a lot of cool things that we are intending to add as soon as we find the time. What would be great is if you could all find the time to take a look and let me and my guru Tony know what you think of the work so far and what you would like to see us add next. You can obviously post your suggestions here or send an email to the address on the site.

Please go easy on us, and thanks for looking!

I've posted this on the 993 forum as well....
Old 12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Colin - The site in general looks good. I don't have time to check it all right now (I'm at work). I did notice that on the front page, the link "9m race and fast-road engine kits" takes you to the parts page but I don't see any engine kits listed. Am I missing it or is this an oversight?
Old 12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for looking Rob.
As I said, it's work in progress, unfortunateyl we just have not got around to adding all the extra pages, but we are working on it.....
Old 12-11-2009, 02:46 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

take a look and let me and my guru Tony know what you think of the work so far and what you would like to see us add next
It's hard to put a finger on it exactly... but I can't help comparing the redesigned website with your contributions to both the 964/993 forums. I know they are different animals, serving different purposes, but your posts here are so informative and the website comes up lacking somewhat?

-your posts are full of great writing (doesn't come across as selling product), the text on the website feel constrained... lacking in the details I'd want to read about if I was going to buy 9m parts? (it's hard to fully describe... it feels like there is more/better info. on our forum?)

-the website needs more eye candy! Lots and lots of pictures (for example: better documentation of your projects (like you do on Rennlist... your 993GT2 build or the building of a customer's 964RS)
I see some of your some projects are listed/described/pictured here (panelcraft link) but the description pails in comparison to what you post here. I'm hoping that comes across as a compliment...

The website is nice, but the LOVE doesn't come across to me. What you are doing with 964s and 993 is just incredible... but a quick Rennlist search brings up tons and tons of great information and pictures. I would tap into more of that...

If any of that's helpful, do I qualify for a 9meister hat?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:07 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I think you are right on the money. Unfortunately I have been doing other things whilst Tony has been assembling the site, so none of the text has been written in my usual "style". The good news is that we are going to address that as soon as I can get clear of some of my backlog and have the odd braincell to allocate.

But if we made 9m hats, I'd send you one.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:41 PM
964speed
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vey Nice! Lots of luck!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

All that "EXTRA" stuff, you do well, is lacking. 3.6 engine builds(mild to wild) 964RS clone...etc.
Dwane
Old 12-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

brief observations:
too busy/cluttered (consolidate some of the information in menus)
too much text (not visually attractive)
Old 12-11-2009, 05:46 PM
maxterrier
Track Day

i've looking for the 964 motor tunning options and i don't see them like the old web.

edit: excuse me, i've found information using "search" option in this forum, but i would like more updated information.

Last edited by maxterrier; 12-11-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Crystal Cranks
Racer

If you have not done it already make sure you incorporate a web statcounter for your site the information on your site performance is invaluable. Here's a good one. And it's free.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:55 PM
cornerhans
Instructor

Talking

Colin,

It looks great! I'm sure it will develop over time knowing you. I wouldn't add much, but might I suggest you remove something;$$$$$$$$$
Old 12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
etom
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Looking at what you do makes my mouth water . . . .

Do you want feedback on grammar, punctuation, and wording, or is this too much at the level of micro-management at this stage?

For example, the following sentence has a comma splice and some commas missing: "Team members have had illustrious careers, [use semi-colon or period] Robin [add comma] for example [add comma] has previously split his time between working for Formula One and Can-Am Teams, having worked for the likes of Fitipaldi, Lotus and Williams."

One thing I noticed is that your email address (on the first line) is not "hot." I think whenever you have your email address, it should be.

Looks great, though.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Default Just my .02

I do website design for my real job. Business sites are not my expertise, but website fundamentals do no change. Please do not take critique the wrong way.
Your site has a lot going on. All of the content is there, it just needs to be organized. The opening page has about 20 different links with no clear path of what you do. Some of the links are even the same. I guess you have 4 typical users. Maintenance, 9M parts, Body Repair, and people looking to learn more about 9M. This means you need defined paths. Each header in this outline is a separate page. Each sub is what links are available on that page.

Maintenance
Select your car (this is a drop down menu)
997 – Let the user select what you can do for them, alignment, brake flush, oil…
Alignment - this is a button
Brake Flush- this is a button
Include all normal services you do for this model
996 – same as above specific to this model…
Include all models you service
9M performance parts
Select your car- (this is a drop down menu)
Engine (In each part explain why you have a superior product)
Cylinder heads
Barrels
Rods
Intake
Brakes
Body Repair – explain the ins and outs of what body repair you do. This is not model specific.
9m Cars
For Sale
List all available cars
Past cars – Post old accomplishments
About 9m
9M racing
Employee profiles
9m in the press – Link to the Stinger and IIRC you had a red 911 that got a magazine write up.
Contact Us
Email
Phone
Directions
No matter what the user wants it is never more than 4 clicks away. I feel like you have a great service and product to sell, but that message is lost in the website.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:57 AM
ABQ Slim
Instructor

It's very descriptive. But the design looks like the brainchild of an engineer, not an artist. The text font is the same size as it is on this forum, which (although perfect for a forum) is too small for a website.

Keep up the good work, and best of luck with the new site!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:15 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for all your comments guys, it is really appreciated. We'll be making improvements as we get more data live on the site, hopefully we'll also add the missing "Art & Soul" that you have all commented on. Cheers!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 9m: new Ninemeister website, feedback required please