Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9m: new Ninemeister website, feedback required please

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 06:44 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

As 911 Jetta pointed out, your passion for the cars doesn't come across in the website design. Those of us fortunate enough to read your posts here on Rennlist are inspired by what you are able to achieve.

The old website, despite it's many gaping flaws got me excited about being a 964 owner and made me realize that there were businesses out there that still felt the same way about a 20 year old car. I loved to trawl through all the options and peformance figures of the various packages you offered and dream of "what if"...

Hopefully your new site will grow to reflect your commitment and love, not just of the Porsche marque, but of the older cars of which there are now a growing number of "enthusiasts" owners.

Neil
Old 12-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Projects deparment. Always interesting to follow progress. With clients approval it would be great to follow birth of a 9MRS for example. I have seen this on other sites, very inspiring (and destroying when ending up pushing the order button to often)
Old 12-13-2009, 10:06 PM
ACSGP
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, tidy site Colin, but think a couple of things are missing.

1. No section on the cars that you've re-built so far. Imagine the Singer on the site, or the GT2 replica.

2. Reviews of the cars that you have built. I'm a big fan of Eagle Racing, and what they do for E-type Jaguars. You have the same cachet, and you should get the stories on the site. Maybe even owner reviews. (Eagle's site is pretty cool too, and when my previous boss' car was being built by them, he could watch the car being built via the web)

http://www.eaglegb.com/sections/20-a...ifference.html

Other than that, pretty good, but one (personal) suggestion. If and when I get my 9M upgrades, I'd like to have a small, monochrome 9M badge on the car. I'm big on subtlety and colour consistency, and the purple really doesn't go well with red cars

Andrew

Last edited by ACSGP; 12-16-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:11 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I set out looking for stuff about 964 upgrades so I looked first in 'tuning' and then in 'parts'. I then finally found some stuff in 'my Porsche'. This didn't make a lot of sense to me. I would lose the 'my Porsche' section or change it to 'upgrades'. The phrase 'my Porsche' conveys to me that it would be a section were you log in to see the history of what you (9M) have done on my own personal car.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This company seems to be similar to 9M; building fast road and track cars, building replica models, creating and selling high performance parts, and selling as well. It captures the passion they have for Alfa Romeo cars the way you do for Porsches.

http://www.alfaholics.com/

Something like this would work well for you.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
This company seems to be similar to 9M; building fast road and track cars, building replica models, creating and selling high performance parts, and selling as well. It captures the passion they have for Alfa Romeo cars the way you do for Porsches.

http://www.alfaholics.com/

Something like this would work well for you.
Completely off topic: Wow! Thank you for that link!
Old 12-14-2009, 05:18 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks again guys for all your comments.

I do like the immediate impact & clarity of the alfa site, I'll make sure Tony sees that one. We were discussing the development of the design & graphics of the new site today, all I can say is that it is still early days and we have a long way to go, but at least there is some information there for you to look at. Keep watching, I'm sure you'll let me know if we are getting it wrong!

I also like your Cab Damian, Speed Yellow is such a great colour for the 968 and I do miss the 9m supercharger development CS. Uploading the info for the 9m 968 packages (9m 350hp supercharger, 9m lightweight steel flywheel, KW suspension, brake upgrades, wheels, etc.) is definitely high up on my list of priorities.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Thanks again guys for all your comments.

I do like the immediate impact & clarity of the alfa site, I'll make sure Tony sees that one. We were discussing the development of the design & graphics of the new site today, all I can say is that it is still early days and we have a long way to go, but at least there is some information there for you to look at. Keep watching, I'm sure you'll let me know if we are getting it wrong!

I also like your Cab Damian, Speed Yellow is such a great colour for the 968 and I do miss the 9m supercharger development CS. Uploading the info for the 9m 968 packages (9m 350hp supercharger, 9m lightweight steel flywheel, KW suspension, brake upgrades, wheels, etc.) is definitely high up on my list of priorities.
Thanks for the kind words, Colin, and I'll look forward to seeing the upgrade parts on your site. I remember the ITB project you were working on, too bad we can't find an angel to subsidize the development.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:15 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Bump.

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who has contributed and to recommend that you have another look at the site sometime, me & Tony have taken on board all of your comments and we're both working in our spare time to slowly adding a more style and content as you have suggested. It's a slow process but I think we are finally getting somewhere.

All I now need is a CMS which is as easy to use as Rennlist so I can start adding more information on 9m Racing engine packages and the 9m Panelcraft projects.

Quick Reply: 9m: new Ninemeister website, feedback required please