Sponsored by:

Finally Friday

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 09:26 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally Friday

got a huge weekend planned. Tomorrow is the fall tour with the Porsche club. We hit a buncha backroads and hopefully some higher RPMs Weather is supposed to be in the 70s and clear skies- perfect for some topless driving.

After that, I have a high school senior photo session, then working the Brewers game. Sunday a family photo session, then maybe some football, but I will have a ton of editing to do; still got a wedding book to put together, too.

That's my weekend, how about you? and for good measure, here's a model I shot with Wednesday...

Old 09-18-2009, 09:37 AM
DaveK
Race Car

I won't get to use the 964 this weekend. My mate is over from Miami - he was in Finland on business at the start of the week, and only came over to the uk to see the turbo - so we'll be going somewhere in that. I already collected him from the airport last night - and within 5 minutes he was wondering how he could persuade his wife that he should be allowed to buy one.

On Sunday, I get to fly to Finland myself for a meeting on Monday - during which I will make it clear to the other participants what I think of making me fly on Sunday!

Oh - and I am seriously in love with Wednesdays model!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:05 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Dave, she's 19. Her look was completely different when she showed up but put her in the right clothes and poses and she works well. Here's the link for more of her: Angele's shoot
Old 09-18-2009, 10:12 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Originally Posted by hawk911
Dave, she's 19. Her look was completely different when she showed up but put her in the right clothes and poses and she works well. Here's the link for more of her: Angele's shoot
Excellent pics. Her being 19 doesn't put me off - but me being.... not 19..... might put her off.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:17 AM
hawk911
Race Car

or the fact your in the UK makes weekends kind of a PITA...and thanks for the picture comments
Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 AM
jneteler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't you also post an image of her at Photosig?

I like the facial expression and lighting in 8105.

JNeteler
Old 09-18-2009, 10:28 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Nope- I'm not on photosig. I'm on POTN or Photocamel though. Thanks for the comments. I'm still trying to find just the right model for the Porsche shoot. Jerry keeps his wife too well hidden, and they are in Hotlanta; which is a bit of a drive just for one model.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Looking forward to the weekend. On Tuesday, I took my coupe in for its PCA safety inspection and the mechanic said that my front tires are worn. I panicked. I leave for Lime Rock on Sunday, can I get new tires by then? When I got home, I pulled a front tire and sure enough, its worn (liability of negative camber). That night, I placed an order for 4 tires from TireRack and paid for express delivery. I worried all week that they may not arrive in time. This morning, I realized that I don't need to be worried, I have another set ready to go, sitting on the cabrio. I feel better now. If the new tires don't arrive today, I'll use the cab's tires. Does this happen to anyone else or is this just me?

The weather is predicted to be in the low 70's for the next few days. I'm looking forward to spending two days driving at a new track.

Hawk - Great photos.

Last edited by Rocket Rob; 09-18-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:37 AM
jneteler
Racer

Here is the link to the image on photosig:

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...4&forward=user

JNeteler
Old 09-18-2009, 10:44 AM
hawk911
Race Car

That's her, but not my photo.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

My mom is coming into town. She's an old-school Merc or Jag kind of woman that loves cars and is happy that I FINALLY have my 911...

The cool thing is that while growing up in the house she's seen firsthand, "I've dreamed about having a 911 since I was a kid". I'm sure she remembers me laying on the couch reading Car and Driver, my posters on the wall, and me yelling from the backseat "I see a Porsche!"... I guess not much has changed?
Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Saturday I can finish the repairs on the house and start packing to get the place ready for sale.

Sunday I am taking some friends for their first lesson at the shoot’in range. You can never be too prepared for zombies.

19 is too young. Joann is still my favorite of the Hawkgirls.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:13 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Almost no P-car content...

I have had a busy week already. I am hoping for just some down time.

Just as an example:

Wednesday night, I have been having a lot of late business meetings, as I have some lectures coming up.. and have to prepare, I get home and my wife calls from a very noisy bar... she had been at a book reading and was headed to the after party and she just says, "get over here, you'll thank me".

"Viva Las Vegas" is a Portland stripper who has battled breast cancer, and has written a book about the experiences of both worlds.

http://damerocketpress.com/catalog/

So I amble over to the after-party, where I ended up at a table where every woman in the bar (save one, and I'll let you guess who) was a stripper or a sex worker. It was a very late night. What's interesting to me is how educated and how interesting all of them are. Portland is a pretty progressive town, and Viva has an Ivy-League education, and a really great book. I won't say they're all "artistes" but like everyone else, there are some true characters in the mix.

So... going into this weekend I'm just hoping some time to check my valve adjustment. No more late nights please.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:22 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The Informant!

Today is the big day! I am so fired up. (giddy?)
I already bought my tickets for the Gold Creek Guzzlers Wine and Cool Car Club to see the 7:20 show tonight.
Watch for skyrocketing prices on RED 964's starting tomorrow.
If anyone sees the movie before then, don't spoil it for me. (I don't care about the story line, I already know that from the book - I'm talking about Porsche time on the screen).
The reviews I have read so far are pretty positive. And, they usually mention "he drives a Porsche", so I guess the car at least gets noticed.

Here is a little tidbit and game for you nitpickers - after they finished filming with my car, they needed to do a couple of touch up shots out in CA (Shane wouldn't give me the money for a road trip from IN to CA), so Shane found another red '91 964. I informed him that the car might not match completely due to the flag mirrors and potentially wheels. He confirmed that was the case, but he said it would work for them anyway. So, see if you can find the flag mirrors in the film. (I'm hoping that my aero mirrors get more screen time than the flag mirrors). I was surprised at this, since the crew told us that the director Soderberg was very picky about details in his shots.
Maybe the car with the flag mirrors was used for the ball-of-flaming-death-scene.

Giddy...
Old 09-18-2009, 01:24 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Cool- Congrats Darrell!!!!!

Quick Reply: Finally Friday