Sponsored by:

turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wellcraft290
Blue yeah The person I spoke with with a stage 2 kit will be in teh area next month so want to see it and then drive to protosport and speak to Paul face to face.

Then will get it done.
I am expecting 350-370 hp to the crank without an intercooler and down the road will intercool and get 400hp or maybe a bit more.
Call Todd up from protomotive..... You will get 380-385 without an intercooler. This setup is .5 bar 7psi.

Expecting my stage 1 back this week.

They are an absolute blast to drive. They pull like a frieght train. I know guys that have been running 3-5 years with protomotive turbo kits and never a single problem.

Just make sure you get an intake strap down. These are know to blow the intake boots off without the strap.

Jeff
Old 07-13-2010, 06:21 PM
psiegel
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff
Did you send your car or drive it to Todd's? Also what are you having done and what turbo are you using?
Peter
Old 07-13-2010, 06:37 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Peter,

I am doing stage 1 kit w/o intercooler. I beleieve its a t04 B. I spoke with Todd and I will be getting the car dyno'd so i can send the chip back to Todd for a retune to suit my car.

I am getting a company in Toronto, Canada to do the instalation. Its a simple plug and play system.

I am doing a full maintenance on the car as well, plugs, wires, rotors, caps, coils, 996 tt clutch and spring assist, rms, valve adjustment, hargett covers, powder coated tins, intake, fan, turbo pipe etc. Valve cover seals, studs, cam chain seals and nuts, fuel filter and a shiny new stick shift. Oil pressure sender ring and power steering gasket.

That covers most of what I am getting done.

The reason I am doing the 996tt clutch is that I will be going stage 2 in the near future. Just need to save a few more nickels. The factory clutch will work just fine for stage 1.

Jeff
Old 07-13-2010, 10:39 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R6XTERRA
Peter,

I am doing stage 1 kit w/o intercooler. I beleieve its a t04 B. I spoke with Todd and I will be getting the car dyno'd so i can send the chip back to Todd for a retune to suit my car.

I am getting a company in Toronto, Canada to do the instalation. Its a simple plug and play system.

I am doing a full maintenance on the car as well, plugs, wires, rotors, caps, coils, 996 tt clutch and spring assist, rms, valve adjustment, hargett covers, powder coated tins, intake, fan, turbo pipe etc. Valve cover seals, studs, cam chain seals and nuts, fuel filter and a shiny new stick shift. Oil pressure sender ring and power steering gasket.

That covers most of what I am getting done.

The reason I am doing the 996tt clutch is that I will be going stage 2 in the near future. Just need to save a few more nickels. The factory clutch will work just fine for stage 1.

Jeff
The Knighton's - Todd and Cynthia - are the best and most humble of builder/tuner.
Their work is extraordinary and has few comparisons.
No need to cross an ocean for something less.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:46 PM
psiegel
Racer

Jeff
Sounds like a fun project. You will be amazed at just how great your car will be when its all completed. A few thoughts if you haven't considered to add now or later. Covert the AFM to a 993 MAF. Watch the oil temp and if it gets hotter then you like, Todd or your local shop can piggy-back your oil cooler with another to add cooling capacity. Are you increasing the size of your injectors or is that a stage two conversion.
Let me know how it comes out.
Peter
Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 PM
psiegel
Racer

Noah
How's yours??
Old 07-13-2010, 11:28 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by psiegel
Noah
How's yours??
Tossed. Didn't you see my thread?
Only Protomotive 330bhp, and could spin out at 25mph in first.
Todd and Cynthia are the best. Once one has enjoyed their work, all else falls short.

Take care,
Old 07-14-2010, 12:27 AM
psiegel
Racer

very cool, I need to read it. yes they are some of the truly nicest people I have ever met.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Rob, How the heck are you. How is PA.

Jason built my 944. Right now, detuned I have 340 RWHP at 15lbs boost. I have a new chip from lindsey that will allow me to raise the boost to 19-20lbs. David Lindsey expects my car to get approx375 RWPH. Imagine a 944 that weights nothing with that HP. Now, the car leaps off the ground from 1st to 2nd. All the guys at the shop think the car is crazy now. Wait until the newer chip goes in this weekend. The best part of this whole build was the cost. For 5K I got a killer car with the 474 Suspension, and turbo motor and trans, completely redone by Jason. Even my wife who could care less about the cars loves it.

Next, when is the GTG at the marina?

Still love my 928 for the cruises.

Hope to see you all soon.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 AM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by psiegel
Jeff
Sounds like a fun project. You will be amazed at just how great your car will be when its all completed. A few thoughts if you haven't considered to add now or later. Covert the AFM to a 993 MAF. Watch the oil temp and if it gets hotter then you like, Todd or your local shop can piggy-back your oil cooler with another to add cooling capacity. Are you increasing the size of your injectors or is that a stage two conversion.
Let me know how it comes out.
Peter
Thanks for the info, stage 2 is upgraded clutch (done), larger injectors, 1 bar spring, intercooler, remapped chip, boost guage (on list to do asap), something to do with fuel...forget the terminology and a top end rebuild, dropped compression and a bunch of internals.

I will be doing some serious research on who does my motor and stage 2 instal. Todd raves about proto tech. They will be on my list to ask. It will be a long haul to take my car down but feel that state side has some serious tuners compared to up here.

Jeff
Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds like a good project so far. Good luck with it. I was really happy with my Protomotive twin turbo kit (which is now for sale). Todd told me that my TT kit would actually fit a 964 except that it's pretty tight under the bumper cover and may need some rework there.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:56 PM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Eric, I harbor secret plans of selling my M3 and buying your turbo kit. I wonder how much would have to be modified...
Old 07-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Greg964
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems a stock 964 engine (twin plug, 3.6L, motronic, high compression ratio)offers many things the 3.3 turbo engine did not. If they can get 385 hp and good torque in a reliable package, where do I sign up? I would start sans intercooler as I prefer the spoilerless NB look.

Last edited by Greg964; 07-16-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Greg964
Seems a stock 964 engine (twin plus, 3.6L, motronic, high compression ratio)offers many things the 3.3 turbo engine did not. If they can get 385 hp and good torque in a reliable package, where do I sign up? I would start sans intercooler as I prefer the spoilerless NB look.

Call Todd. He stands by that #. I definately know you would be super happy. He is a great guy to speak with over the phone, very helpful.

Still waiting on mine to come back......the summer is disappearing before my eyes.

Quick Reply: turbo