Sponsored by:

One of a kind Widebody 964 Cab for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts
Default One of a kind Widebody 964 Cab for sale

I posted this in the American Roadster thread, but thought I'd create a new one for my attempt to sell my 964. This is not an American Roadster, but it does look sorta like one. 1990 C4 Cab. 151,000 miles. $20,000 -> $17,000 New Price $16,000

many more pictures here: Widebody Cab for sale

One of a kind car. Many tasteful upgrades including:
- fiberglass widebody kit
- fixed rear wing
- Kinesis Supercup 18" wheels
- currently on Kumho 295/30 and 225/40 tires (previously ran wider Pilot Sport tires but decided to save some $$ and there was a little rub with them. These have been great so far. Plenty of tread left)
- RS Airbag wheel ($1k, looks like a RUF, but got from AJ-USA years ago with add-on crest - this is an awesome upgrade)
- clear markers and fog replacement with duct to nowhere (fog was too much lens in the front - this look is much better)
- 993 / aero mirrors (way better than flags!)
- front shock tower brace
- HR Coliovers
- AJ-USA sway bars front and rear (front is big and solid, rear is 3-way adjustable. Typical C4 massive understeer is dialed out and that makes for a very evenly balanced car)
- B&B Dual outlet exhaust
- RS motor mounts
- Andial chip
- K&N with cone filter kit
- RS clutch and flywheel (which get the power down super-fast, vs stock DMF. This is a real driver's car, particularly due to the clutch set-up - heavy and a bit touchy, but easy to get used to)
- Recent full paint job
- interior dye for blue/blue/blue I bought with linen interior and I never liked it. Swapped out the console and shifter, but seats and door panels are dyed. Dash and some other stuff was already blue - as it was a bit two-toned)
- awesome H4 headlight upgrade (recent so lenses are new and beautiful)
- iPod enabled stereo (ipod goes in glove compartment, works great)
- passenger airbag switch off selector (I have young kids - great addition, but causes airbag light to illuminate)
- C4S rear badging and floor mats (can be reversed easily)
- engine rebuild at ~60k miles. Runs strong, bags of power!
- I also have the super-cool diag tool with USB port and leather case, sourced on this forum

I've owned it for 10+ years, some DE time, but not since 2002, 2 minor accidents precipitated widebody and paint, then recent paint work (call for details), by no means perfect, but turns heads everywhere!!!

The steering feel is also a bit heavy due to the slight toe-in setting. I'm certain that any enthusiast would appreciate the overall package. I've had great comments from mechanics over the years.

Car is garage-kept, driven daily. There are oil drops under the engine, and they were there before and after the rebuild.

Please contact me if you'd like more info. Tons of cash invested in this car over the years, and I'm very personally attached. It has never let me down and is extremely reliable and predictable in every way. Mobil One 15-50 only since I've owned it. I put in less than one quart per thousand miles, but I check it and add some every time it turns one more k. The spots under the car are water drips after a pre-photo shoot car wash.

I'm hoping to replace this car and my 944 track car with a newer 911 coupe, and then eventually add a newer cab once the savings matures a bit...

Thanks for looking!

I feel sad to be leaving the 964 world as I've always loved the folks on this forum and I'd like to think that I've contributed positively over the years, with info on my upgrades on the board and through PM's etc.

Click on "My nerd page" below in my sig for a way-outdated personal site that Comcast is surprisingly still supporting, but there is tons of old info and pictures of this car during my first few years of ownership.

BTW - I'll throw in Adrian's book and some other misc 964 stuff / memorabilia!

Last edited by Jack667; 05-28-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: edited pricing info
Old 10-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Edited original post with a new price, plus a bump. New Price $17,000, firm
Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Car is still for sale. $16k?

I'll take some more pictures soon. Also, I'm having some repair work done on the cab top, but I won't bother with details unless someone is really interested.

Car is up to about 157k miles, still driving like a champ. Again - extremely reliable and fun.

I just bought a 997 coupe and I'll need to get this out of here soon.

This would be a great daily driver for someone who wants something unique, but doesn't mind missing out on some creature comforts, or as a weekend car for a P-car fan with some space for it.

I always hear the 997 guys saying they want to buy an older Porsche for the weekends - here's your chance! I'd keep it if I had the space, but we now have 5 cars for 2 drivers and we need to get down to 4
(Passat wagon, SUV/Tow vehicle, 944 Track car, 997, and this 964 cab)
Old 05-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Jack,

I wonder how you feel in a few months time... I left the 997 series just a few months ago to come back to the 964 range... and I love it.

Anyway hope you can sell this beatiful car and have fun with 997.

- Michiel
Old 05-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Navaros911
Jack,

I wonder how you feel in a few months time... I left the 997 series just a few months ago to come back to the 964 range... and I love it.

Anyway hope you can sell this beatiful car and have fun with 997.

- Michiel
Thanks, Michiel!

This is my daily driver and - due to a change in my work situation - I now need to conduct business in my car (con calls, etc) on a regular basis. I considered many cars, including Cayman, S5, etc, but ultimately decided to stick with the 911. I would love to keep this car, but I just don't have the space. After selling it, I'll have the Suburban (tow vehicle and family truckster), Passat wagon (wife's DD and our runabout), the 997, and my 944 track car. A 5th car would not be viable for us, with a 3 car garage and only 2 drivers.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Sale Pending.

I'll miss the 964 crew here on Rennlist.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Is this widebody on the car equal to a OEM widebody car or is it wider? Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:11 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vandit
Is this widebody on the car equal to a OEM widebody car or is it wider? Thanks.
this is an old post & as he was trying to sell the car for quite awhile, may have gone to non rennlister.
there is another post about the car that jack did & detailed rebuild.

from the pics it looks the same as turbo look cab (aka america roadster) front & back so assume it used flares from a 930 edition.

Quick Reply: One of a kind Widebody 964 Cab for sale