Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peoria Arizona (near Glendale) PPI ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:35 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 284 Posts
Default Peoria Arizona (near Glendale) PPI ?

Expanding the search!
^ Nnever been to 'Zona - but there's an RSA in Peoria (allegedly).

The seller is recommending Silver Star Motors for a PPI.(http://localdirectory.azcentral.com/...424p.home.html) I spoke with the shop, its $85. The seller's brother apparently owns the garage. Anybody heard of this shop?

The seller didnt seem to know much about "his" car - a '93 RSA - I ran a CarFax on the VIN. Comes up correct, but there's a "salvage" entry for odometer tampering and damage. The asking price is discounted.

I have the seller's phone number and address - anyone want to see if the car actually exists? (Its West Corrine Drive, Peoria, Az. - I have exact address at home)

Thanks,
Joe
Old 09-11-2009, 04:43 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Is it this one: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/1364252968.html

I spoke with the seller, he wasn't very forthcoming with info, said he bought it at an auction and it previously belonged to a drug dealer. If you look at the last photo with the sticker at the door jamb, you'll see the area has been repainted.

I'd personally stay away from a shop that belongs to a family member of the seller. I'm sure there are other places around Phoenix that will give you a more unbiased opinion. $85 seems to be the rate for an hour of labor, I don't know how thorough of a PPI you'll get in an hour.

Best of luck!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko
Is it this one: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/1364252968.html

I spoke with the seller, he wasn't very forthcoming with info, said he bought it at an auction and it previously belonged to a drug dealer. If you look at the last photo with the sticker at the door jamb, you'll see the area has been repainted.

I'd personally stay away from a shop that belongs to a family member of the seller. I'm sure there are other places around Phoenix that will give you a more unbiased opinion. $85 seems to be the rate for an hour of labor, I don't know how thorough of a PPI you'll get in an hour.

Best of luck!
Yeah, that's the one - probably too good to be true. I spoke with the seller too. He's not the one that told me they were related, the guy who answered the phone at the shop did.

The $85 is the same number that a guy here in NJ quoted me for a PPI, so that didn't seem out of line - although I've heard of much higher nos.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:13 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Another guy was looking at it a month ago, called me to ask some RS America as-a-track-car questions. Was supposed to bring it over to DJ @ Don Jackon's (son runs the place now that Don has passed). Never heard back, and since the car is still on the market..................

If you need a chassis for a track rat, it can't be any worse than my RSA#1 I got for similar $$$ back in '01!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:58 AM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe

As I've have been considering getting replacement DE car this one got my attention too. I've been watching this car over the last month and spoke a few times with the owner. This car needs a thorough PPI by someone very qualified due to the mysterious nature of the salvage title. What I've seen is that there are a lot of nicer no stories C2 cars out there.

I sent you a PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:03 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Steve -
Returned your PM.

The car fax says that the salvage title is due to odometer tampering, and major damage.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:07 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JG GT500
The car fax says that the salvage title is due to odometer tampering, and major damage.
So? All other things being equal, is its sister car that has a verifiable 100K and no prior damage only worth $18K in today's market? Admit it, everyone out there is looking to get something for nothing.

This car, while slightly overpriced, is likely an excellent track car candidate. Nothing more, nothing less. Will you have another $10-30K in it by the time you're done? Likely. And if you're looking for a 964 to do that with, starting with a non-sunroof car in the mid-teens ain't the end of the world.....
Old 09-13-2009, 08:54 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race911
So? All other things being equal, is its sister car that has a verifiable 100K and no prior damage only worth $18K in today's market? Admit it, everyone out there is looking to get something for nothing.

This car, while slightly overpriced, is likely an excellent track car candidate. Nothing more, nothing less. Will you have another $10-30K in it by the time you're done? Likely. And if you're looking for a 964 to do that with, starting with a non-sunroof car in the mid-teens ain't the end of the world.....
The problem I am having is that i cant confirm any of the alleged facts about this car, which is exacerbated by the fact that its 2000 miles west of my location.

There appear to be several 964s with <100K miles available for mid teens. Other than having a sunroof, they could pass as sisters. But would I buy them if I found out there was evidence of odometer tampering at 92K miles, and major damage, without checking out the car and confirming the facts? No.

And the only thing I'm really worried about is getting nothing for something. Thus the reason for the request for someone local to verify the car in the pictures exists.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Oh and for those other members of the board that are interested in this car - here's part of the car fax:

06/08/2007 92,187 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Phoenix, AZ
Title #AV08007159090 New owner reported
SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE TITLE ISSUED
CARFAX Advisor™
A NAM title is issued when the owner discloses to a DMV mileage fraud, a broken odometer or that the actual mileage of this vehicle is unknown.

Mileage reported after this reading is potentially unreliable.
10/09/2007 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Phoenix, AZ
Title #AV08007159090 SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
01/25/2008 92,192 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Peoria, AZ
Title #184M008025051 SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
REBUILT TITLE ISSUED

Quick Reply: Peoria Arizona (near Glendale) PPI ?