Time for an update!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:14 PM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 92silver964
"11 Finally, the rear fan bypass fix!"

Could you tell me what you mean by that? Is that your heater blower? Thanks.
It was a little joke, beacuse there's a long thread about how to jump the fan-relay when you replace the rear heater fan with a bypass pipe.

and yes...the car is a blast and works really well on track! There's a lot of other mods that I've written about before so I didn't write the whole list. These 11 things are the mods for this season. The car weighs in at 1210 kg now with 10 litres of petrol.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Tuscany964
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! Congrats
Old 08-11-2009, 04:52 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Thomas,

Fantastic!!!! Your car is still on the top of my 964 list. Keep it going, and well done
Old 08-13-2009, 05:12 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Originally Posted by christallon
Thomas,

Fantastic!!!! Your car is still on the top of my 964 list. Keep it going, and well done
thanks for your kind words!

Thomas
Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 AM
deoxford
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thomas,
I agree one of the best

Can you send me some info on the ABS kill swtich , I would like to do the same.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Originally Posted by deoxford
Thomas,
I agree one of the best

Can you send me some info on the ABS kill swtich , I would like to do the same.
thanks, and no problem! I'll post part number and which wires to use when I get home!

Thomas
Old 08-13-2009, 02:11 PM
ThomasC2
Drifting

OK, ABS-kill switch. Here we go!

The pic shows the package including the three coloured covers you can chose between. The switch is supposed to sit in the hole where the switch for the Intensive washer is. If you have one you have to remove it or find another hole for the ABS-switch. You’re supposed to reach it while driving. If you don't have the washer, you'll feel the hole behind the vinyl with your finger. Carefully cut through the vinyl with a sharp knife.

Now you need two regular electrical cables, approx 1,5 meters each and 1,5 mm thick. Open the front fuse box and locate the ABS-relay, it’s in the front of the box. Remove the bolt that holds the fuse/relay plate so you can get in under the relay. Locate the power connection, pos 87, with two cables connected to it and cut the THICKER of them. Connect/solder your cables to each end and route back to the kill switch. There is an easy access behind the dashboard.

Finally if you want lamp in the button to shine you need power. I used and old power cable from the stereo but to reach it, I had to drill a small hole in the sheet metal behind the clock to get into to the “stereo area”.

Fasten the switch into the dashboard and your ready!

When you turn on the ignition the **** should now shine. With the car running the ABS works as normal with **** is pulled out (normal position). If you push the **** you instantly turn off the ABS and after a second you will get the master alarm and warning lights. Reset it with the “i” button on the centre console. If you want the ABS on, just pull the **** out and it’s back on.

I don’t take any responsibility for this set up. The set up is done from a drawing I found from the Cup cars so it’s not my own solution.

Part number: 964.615.135.70, it costs approx 34 USD. I bought mine from Porsche Motorsport but FVD also sells them.

I hope this was clear enough!

Thomas

Last edited by ThomasC2; 10-05-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Time for an update!