Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 11:57 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by J81 JKR
Can usually find be on ebay for £20 or so
The URO relays are garbage and should be avoided at all costs!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:03 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This may be of interest:

DME Relay guts....
Old 03-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Blu RS
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Decoding the DME relay fix . . . . .

There's a number of threads on this issue (Google is your friend!) but this is the one that worked for me because it was absolutely SPOT ON!
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...nd-repair.html

My garage queen 56K 93 RSA just doesn't get enough use lately but anyway I went to start her up last Saturday and she would not start for the first time ever. Not a fuel issue, not a battery issue, just wouldn't start even though it turned over strong. Did my research and hit up the link above. Could not believe it could be so simple as just two solder points but little to lose with the effort anyway.

Went by Radio Shack and dropped $4.50 on solder braid then got to work. Pulled the DME relay apart, put it under a magnifying glass but still could not see evidence of failure. (Hint - if you take an Xacto knife to cut away just one of the tiny plastic retaining curbs, then you can rock the innards out easily from the plastic case.) Went ahead and de-soldered the two points per the link instructions then resoldered them plus "touched up" one other point that maybe looked lite on solder. Put it back together then back into the relay panel box.

The car then instantly fired up and ran like new. Cost me $4.50 in solder braid (had the rest of the stuff anyway) and about an hour on the internet.

I'm breathing easier these days just relieved to know I don't have fuel pump issues! Good luck!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 PM
lvc2
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have replaced 2 in the last 5 years. I never leave home without a spare.

Quick Reply: DME relay