Orlando Craigslist 91 Cab low miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orlando Craigslist 91 Cab low miles

No affiliation etc.
Would be happy to take a look at if interested.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/1028637717.html
Old 02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

That is a nice example, but still $22.5 for a 964 cab...
Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

looks to be 16" rims...
Old 02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ilko
That is a nice example, but still $22.5 for a 964 cab...
Couldn't find any nice cabs last year at a decent price...loads of coupes but few discounts on cabriolets with under 100k. This is an amazing deal if the car checks out. Although you are probably joking...
Old 02-10-2009, 03:51 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Couldn't find any nice cabs last year at a decent price...loads of coupes but few discounts on cabriolets with under 100k. This is an amazing deal if the car checks out. Although you are probably joking...
I wasn't joking. In my experience, there are two kinds of Cab buyers:

- The ones who want a 964 cab and nothing else. They are a relatively small group of 964 buyers
- The ones who want a 964 and end up buying a cab because it's much cheaper than a coupe. That second group is arguably larger than the first and many of those people later regret their decision because what they really wanted in the first place was a coupe. I've seen this kind of behavior more than once.

This is not some bias I have against cabs, just my experience dealing with buyers. And it doesn't include limited edition models, such as the WB cab, Speedster, and Roadster.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I wasn't joking. In my experience, there are two kinds of Cab buyers:

- The ones who want a 964 cab and nothing else. They are a relatively small group of 964 buyers
- The ones who want a 964 and end up buying a cab because it's much cheaper than a coupe. That second group is arguably larger than the first and many of those people later regret their decision because what they really wanted in the first place was a coupe. I've seen this kind of behavior more than once.

This is not some bias I have against cabs, just my experience dealing with buyers. And it doesn't include limited edition models, such as the WB cab, Speedster, and Roadster.

Yup, count me in that second group... but it has worked out well so far.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Yup, count me in that second group... but it has worked out well so far.
Definitely! You could've never fit those ladies in your coupe!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Uh, just for giggles and because I have a current acct., I ran the Carfax.

Declared Salvage if Calif. in 1994, then rebuilt in New Hampshire in 1995.

Yeah, it would have been a good deal.

When I was looking, it seemed like I found 3 cabs to every coupe or targa that I found, which was what I was looking for.
If I had come across an absolutely screamin' deal on a low-mile cab that fit my desired criteria, I would have bought it.
I just didn't want a convertible that much, and so the extra gear and maintenance involved with a cab would have been an unnecessary burden to me. But I like the classic looks.

Last edited by Bearclaw; 02-10-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:53 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
................the extra gear and maintenance involved with a cab would have been an unnecessary burden to me. But I like the classic looks.
whats the extra gear and maintenance? I have no more maintenance on my cab then normal for any pcar.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere

Unless I'm mistaken, I recall seeing plenty of posts about broken top bows, keeping an eye on the correct tension on cables (cause & effect, I think), burned out top motors (I ran into at least a few when I was looking that said, "Top not operational due to bad top motor. Shouldn't cost more than $XXX to fix").

True, I have a targa that will needs rebuilding someday. And some coupes have a sunroof. But I still think the convertibles are more problematic in general.

Or maybe I just don't pay attention - I never noticed Barack's ears were that big. either...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
I never noticed Barack's ears were that big. either...
He usually keeps them pinned back.
I guess since I haven had any top problems it hasnt mattered to me. Kind of like the rusted out rear window frames on coupes. Its a trade off. Each has its own set of problems.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by jimq
whats the extra gear and maintenance? I have no more maintenance on my cab then normal for any pcar.
Just you wait Henry Higgins, just you wait! You'll be sorry...

No need to replace a Cab top on a coupe... or worry about broken mechanism, switches, etc. If you look at it in the long run is really not much more... but for a new owner that buys without those issues addressed, he or she is looking at a significant expense since these are 15-20 year old cars.

I guess you could make the same argument with the C4 cars... ooohhh boy, I have a C4 Cabriolet... really screwed...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Jaime- send me your problems. I'll pay the postage.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think the difference in terms of maintenance is well documented but I disagree on pricing/availability ilko. It just has not been my experience at all. Having spent so, so much time looking for a cab last year as well as months collecting comps for the insurance after my coupe was totaled, I honestly found far, far more decently priced coupes. I can see why someone might 'expect' the scenario you paint but my experience has been far from it. If anything the cabs had been asking a little extra, much to my frustration.

Back to practicality and what makes an all round perfect car: I have to say my C4 coupe was pretty much everything I could ask for in a car. My cab evokes passion and offers a priceless experience on the right day but is far more limited the majority of the year. Its time I had both really...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Just you wait Henry Higgins, just you wait! You'll be sorry...

No need to replace a Cab top on a coupe... or worry about broken mechanism, switches, etc. If you look at it in the long run is really not much more... but for a new owner that buys without those issues addressed, he or she is looking at a significant expense since these are 15-20 year old cars.

I guess you could make the same argument with the C4 cars... ooohhh boy, I have a C4 Cabriolet... really screwed...
You would bring this "dirty little C4 secret" up, Jaime!!
I heard that when the 4WD system goes bad - and they all do - that all 4 wheels go in a different direction simultaneously. I read it on an internet forum somewhere.
Of course, this was after I had already bought my car.
Now I'm terrified to drive it.
Why didn't I buy that Kia?!!!

Quick Reply: Orlando Craigslist 91 Cab low miles