Sponsored by:

New UK-based 964 reference site at www.964uk.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New UK-based 964 reference site at www.964uk.com

As a few of you will know, I, along with Steve Brookes (boxsey) and Kevin Senior (warmfuzzies) have been working on a new web site to serve the 964 community.

The justification came largely from the shortcomings of the PCGB web site in terms of the limited space available and, more importantly, from the lack of recent updates on John Miles' excellent site at www.porsche964.co.uk. John has moved on in his life and is now much more involved in photography rather than his Porsche and he just doesn't have the time to dedicate to the site.

With all this in mind, then, we have a new site at www.964uk.com which aims to retain it's vibrancy through constant updates relating to upcoming events as well as reports and photos from past events in addition to providing some in-depth reference material specifically for the 964 range of cars. All models within the 964 range are catered for, whether it be basic C2 or C4 or RS/RSR, Turbos and limited edition varieties too.

I won't gop into too much detail about what is on the site other than to say that it's a constantly developing work and I'd urge you to just have a look and, pleae, comment about your likes and dislikes. I would draw your particular attention to the FAQ section where Steve, Kevin and I have wracked our brains in an attempt to cover many, if not most, of the common questions that come up on the various forums.

There are parts of the site which are not yet complete - some are not even started - but you'll get a good idea of what we are trying to achieve.

As with many sites of this type, the site is only as good as it's contributors and I would welcome contributions from anyone - whether it be photographs (preferably 1024 x 768 as a minimum) or documented "How Tos", reference material (like wheels, Rich!!) or anything else which will contribute to the usefulness of the site.

There is a "Contact Us" page on the site with an e-mail address and also a question/comment submission page. We would be interested to hear your views and reactions.

Regards

Dave
Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Great idea Dave!

I'll send you my harness install guide in a few minutes along with some photos
Old 12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ilko
Great idea Dave!

I'll send you my harness install guide in a few minutes along with some photos
That's just the sort of response we're after Ilko

To add to what Dave has said, its primary aim is to be a reference site to inform new and potential owners about the 964 models and to help people with common fixes and upgrades. There's no forum on there for day to day help and banter - we have Rennlist for that
Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

I would be interested to find out it would be copyright legal to post Porsche TSB's on the site - for instance the 18" wheel TSB and the Distributor vent TSB, stuff like that. Anyone know?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ilko
I would be interested to find out it would be copyright legal to post Porsche TSB's on the site - for instance the 18" wheel TSB and the Distributor vent TSB, stuff like that. Anyone know?
I have already linked to one of the TSBs about the rear blower fuse upgrade on the pcarworkshops site. I just did a direct link from the FAQ on the new site.

It's very pertinent to link directly to qualified information such as TSBs to validate the information you are giving. It's particularly relevant to FAQs. I will make similar links when questions get incorporated.

If you are looking for a specific TSB they are all on the pcarworkshop site here.

Regards

Dave
Old 12-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave!!!!

Really interesting place to find info about our favorite Porsche

It is now in my bookmarks
Old 12-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

I've uploaded a fairly significant improvement to the menu system on 964uk.com today and some smaller improvements along the way. Still lots of pictures wanted and there's still plenty of content still to come.

Regards

Dave
Old 01-01-2009, 12:19 AM
geordie
Pro

Thanks Dave!

Happy New Year to all

Last edited by geordie; 03-31-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: add new year greeting
Old 01-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Just sent a Zip File (24 MB) to start the America GS Section.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

File was too big and was rejected.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Robert,

I sent you a PM but got no reply thus far. I would be only too pleased to have some Humpty Dumpty information to put on the web site. Can you split it into smaller packages?? I see no reason why a 24MB file would be rejected from this end and I wonder if the restriction is at your end. Splitting to more manageable chunks seems the best solution.

Regards

Dave
Old 01-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

It does appear to be on my end.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 PM
schlicht911
Advanced

Hi Dave,

happy new year and what a great site!!! well done!!!
I start something simular about the 964 but only in german.
Perhaps it´s something for your linklist ??
www.neunsechsvier.de - you need flash plugin -

I wish you all a great 2009

Christian
Old 01-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,098 Likes on 410 Posts

Thanks for the link and helpful info. Happy new year!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:23 PM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,

This looks really good and there is lots of useful stuff in there. As you have asked for feedback (always dangerous ) can I please make a few suggestions (which you have probably already thought of!):

1. Production numbers (although these will be disputed I'm sure)
2. Option codes
3. Colours (interior and exterior)
4. List prices (by country wherever possible)
5. Values (could be updated regularly by site visitors)

Can I ask why you've termed the 3.3 964 Turbo, the Turbo II rather than just the Turbo? As is pointed out in the site, it was never called the 965 by the factory, but as far I know it was never called the Turbo II (or Turbo 2) either.

Also, under the 3.3 Turbo S, you say they were all produced in LHD and subsequently converted to RHD - what do you mean? If a car was delivered by the factory in RHD (which several were) then surely it can't be described as being "subsequently converted"?

I will pm you some (better) shots of my 3.3 turbo - it is the last one in Vince's group photo taken outside Cornbury House.

Thank you and good luck with the site!

Tim.

Quick Reply: New UK-based 964 reference site at www.964uk.com