Sponsored by:

Hagerty Insurance??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Jonnygo1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hagerty Insurance??

Does anyone have experience with them? I wonder if these cars qualify....mine is not a daily driver. The rates are significantly less than my usual carrier and it seems like you might have better results in trying to resolve value issues if you have to make a claim.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:48 AM
mpeters951
Racer

My initial and preliminary experience w/ Hagerty is very good although I'm not currently insured with them. I like the agreed value condition but the pix they require are going to expose enough race bits on my car that I assume it will raise questions and be in conflict with the language of the contract where you agree that competitive and/or racetrack events subjugate cover. The language they use to void cover around track events was broad enough that, coupled with required pix, it scared me off.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:38 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

The only roadblock I encountered was that I had to have an additional car for every licensed driver in the house. We have 2 cars; we would need 3 (myself, my wife, our dog). This was the roadblock for all the classic car insurance companies. Hagerty, Grundy, Leyland West...
All offered agreed value. All required photos of garage.
For the $$, it is a great deal.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
deoxford
Pro

I have Leland west , and have used them for years and been very happy with them.
http://lelandwest.com/aw01.cfm

They have PCA discounts as well, with stated value and limited mileage
Old 11-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Baltic964Cab
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried a quote on their web site, and it ended up being more than my daily driver insurance company (what I am currently paying on the car)
Old 11-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

Hagerty is the best insurers I have used for years. On the GT3 I am paying £607 per year limited to 5K miles including full UK and European breakdown and recovery insurance and guaranteed value and track day cover (subject to increased excess). To compare, I am paying £714 per year for my 12 year old BMW 540.

I would definitely talk to them although I doubt they will be better than anyone else on vanilla modern models such as standard 996's etc.....the GT3 is insured on a future classic policy - and I had to have another car to drive (not for every person in the household) and somewhere secure to store it.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:10 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

I just checked Haggerty and Leland West. Their rates are about the same as what I pay with Geico. So I don't see a reason to switch.

Ed, what kind of dog did you get?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

The big plus with Hagerty (I have them on 1 of my older collector cars) is that you agree on stated value which determines your policy. If you use your street carrier, then you get ACV which will NEVER comes close to the value you have determined.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea if the US business operates in the same way as the UK, but seeing as the original poster is based in the US I'm not sure if my experience of them is valid .......

For what it's worth I've used them in the UK for a few years now and they are easily the best insurer I have ever used. They take a sensible view of modifications, charge much lower premiums than the competition, and are extremely accommodating - eg. taking a lot on trust when trying to arrange track cover for me earlier this week. Car on an agreed value, and photos required were not onerous. Above all they know the cars and are proper petrolheads themselves (being based at the Silverstone race circuit).

So far I have been very happy with them ..........

Jamie
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 155 Posts

I have a bunch of cars (4 in total) insured with Hagerty including my 911 Turbo and 2 old Datsuns. I have been using them for over 5years and its been excellent. Everytime I do a mod to my 911, I call them and state the value has increased and they never squabble about the new value of the car. They have great customer service as well.

Regards - Yasin
Old 11-13-2008, 11:23 AM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko
I just checked Haggerty and Leland West. Their rates are about the same as what I pay with Geico. So I don't see a reason to switch.

Ed, what kind of dog did you get?
I told a LIE.
When I wrote that, I thought of you reading it and saying "They got a dog?"
I'm sorry, I won't lie again in this thread.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:31 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Yeah I figured. Carole and dogs, I don't think so (except for Sharo of course)

Quick Reply: Hagerty Insurance??