Sponsored by:

Fitting Recaro SPG seats..

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 PM
frankstubbs
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting Recaro SPG seats..

I have just embarked on purchasing my first 964 C2 Which im really enjoying. I also have a set of Recaro Spg seats from a previous project where i had them floor mounted on the recaro side bars. Now my question is how are you guys fitting these Recaro fixed back seats into these cars ? (Direct to floor or is there a subframe avail?)

Thanks F.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:11 PM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

mine went direct to the floor...but thats with the XL version...
Old 10-02-2008, 07:46 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine (Recaro pole positions) were fitted on recaro sliders and side mounts bought from Southbound trimmers.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:15 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Steve-
Were the socket head cap screws [SHCS] you show (the black ones on the lower left, used to tie the slider mechanism to the floor) need to have the tops of their heads shaved off a little? Or, did they come that way?

I had to for mine when I bought some standard head-height SHCS's.
Only after a little mill time and .05-.1" off the top of each did they clear the slider internals.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:05 PM
FLYNSCOT63
Intermediate

I didnt have any problem with my Seat in the RS america
Old 10-02-2008, 10:21 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

you can either go right to the factory floor bolt holes or use the recaro/aftermarket sliders, just depends on how much headroom you need and how much room you need to get in/out without taking off the wheel. I prefer sliders like steves setup. If you are reusing the factory belts for street use you'll need a tunnel mount for the seatbelt, (breyKrausse makes a good one, ebs has them) because the factory inners are mounted to the seat.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Porsche mounting bolts for the Recaro sliders and mounting brackets.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:48 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by elbeee964
Steve-
Were the socket head cap screws [SHCS] you show (the black ones on the lower left, used to tie the slider mechanism to the floor) need to have the tops of their heads shaved off a little? Or, did they come that way?

I had to for mine when I bought some standard head-height SHCS's.
Only after a little mill time and .05-.1" off the top of each did they clear the slider internals.
No shaving required with the new bolts. The longer ones (middle bottom of pic) were used to bolt the slider to the floor (the ones on the left were to bolt the seat to the mount). Initially I tried to use the original seat rail bolts (as mentioned by Tom) but recall that they didn't clear the sliding mechanism (i.e. I would have had to shave those).

The recommendation to use Southbound came from the guys at Ninemeister. The Southbound kit comes with the recaro slider modified to bolt direct to a 964 (has an extra hole drilled in each rail that lines up with 964 floor mounts). The side mounts are manufactured by themselves and allow the seat to be fixed low so there is plenty of headroom. They also have a nut welded in to attach the normal road seat belt receiver. You can see it better in the pics below. The 'bolt kit' was also supplied by them. The only mod I had to make was to cut down the four bolts that bolted the side mount to the slider at the rear as they were touching the bottom of the seat if left at standard length (20 mm).

Old 10-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Low 964
Pro

demonfish, I have mailed you re your seats....I sat in them last week but for got exactly what they were, can you give details.
Cheers
Old 10-03-2008, 07:34 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Thats a slick setup for the belt mount, wish recaro did that on their mounts...
Old 10-04-2008, 07:54 AM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Low 964
demonfish, I have mailed you re your seats....I sat in them last week but for got exactly what they were, can you give details.
Cheers
They are Recaro Profi SPG XL... i used the alloy recaro side mounts, and bolted direct to the floor, no slide... which suits me fine

Quick Reply: Fitting Recaro SPG seats..