Sponsored by:

Suspension HR Springs Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Seaflat
Do you have any idea how much they lower the car?
check the eibach site. But I recently put them on my car and I believe they can lower 1 - 1.25". See my avatar and this pic to see the ride height with Eibach pros and Bilstein HDs. It could be lower, but I wanted it at this height for daily driving.

BTW, Bilsteins are $700, Eibachs $300.
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 AM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Part of the height adjustment is in the strut, but most is in the spring. With stock struts you may or may not be able to get as much adjustment from the stock strut as from the Bilstein.

Has anyone compared the amount of adjustment between the Bilsteins and stock Boge?
Old 04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seaflat
Do you have any idea how much they lower the car?
IIRC the Eibachs lower the car 30mm. Not quite as much as the H&R Greens (40mm) but roughly the same as the H&R Reds.

Regards

Dave
Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does any one sell the H&R greens anymore?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:01 AM
AB-Oz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And does anyone know of a good on-line store that sells H&R springs?

(Just priced these in Sydney, $850AUD )

Last edited by AB-Oz; 04-11-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Design 911 (http://www.design911.co.uk/index.htm) in the UK list both the Red and Green springs under "Suspension". They will ship Internationally and price in several different currencies. I'm sure there are others too but I notice that Pelican don't list either.

Regards

Dave
Old 04-11-2008, 10:20 AM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Computamedic
Design 911 (http://www.design911.co.uk/index.htm) in the UK list both the Red and Green springs under "Suspension". They will ship Internationally and price in several different currencies. I'm sure there are others too but I notice that Pelican don't list either.

Regards

Dave

They are very expensive compared to any other H&R distributor for both the H&R greens and reds.

I am looking for the greens once again for my latest 911 cab purchase. There has to be a better deal out there than this place. My last ones I bought from Tire rack for $329.00. Did not matter if you wanted reds or greens, they were the same price. They no longer carry the H&R greens.

Anyone else know where to get H&R grens for a good price?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:24 AM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AB-Oz
And does anyone know of a good on-line store that sells H&R springs?

(Just priced these in Sydney, $850AUD )
http://www.shox.com/appguide/shoxsho...ctsdisplay.php

they only have the H&R reds. way cheaper than aussie pricing but you will have to take currency and shipping into consideration. Which I still think will be cheaper.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Performance Products sells them.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
I installed the H&R Red with my M030 dampers (same as on a 965) and it was Ok, but noticably underdampened. I've since switched out to Blistein sports. Standard dampers would most certainly be unacceptable
That was quick, Did you do that this week?

Originally Posted by pjconner
check the eibach site. But I recently put them on my car and I believe they can lower 1 - 1.25". See my avatar and this pic to see the ride height with Eibach pros and Bilstein HDs. It could be lower, but I wanted it at this height for daily driving.

BTW, Bilsteins are $700, Eibachs $300.
I had the Bilstein HD's and Eibach pros on my C2. Made for a very nice street ride albeit soft in the front. I have also used the H&R greens and reds.

IMO the Greens are slightly better than the Eibach's but not much and only needed if you plan on doing some more spirited driving for better turn in. The reds by far offer better handling and control and work well with the Bilstein's although it is a stiffer ride and can be slightly irritating over expansion joints and bumps with repetition on a road or bridge. IMO the reds are the only true choice for spirited and some track driving.

I think it is your choice between greens or eibach's nearly the same although the eibach's get noticeably stiffer as you lower the car more are very soft with stock ride height and the greens are fairly the same at most ride heights.

IMO none of these work well with any Boge factory shock. But then again I never drove on a boge shock I liked.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

No, I still have the rears on my workbench.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Seaflat
Instructor

So I crawled around under my car this weekend and found a possible nice surprise.

Looks like someone put on some Bilstiens and did not change the springs. The first photo is of the rear damper F4-B46-1547-HD. Are these the same dampers that are suggested?

....So the on to the front. It doesnt look as if these have been replaced. Please take a look at the pics attached and see if anyone can tell. I am hoping that someone did all 4 but left the stock springs....but it looks to me like only the rear dampers have been replaced.

On the plus side I got used to jacking up my car, and fixed my bent front grill smile.
Attached Images        
Old 04-14-2008, 11:02 AM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

Looks like a half good surprise. Your fronts look like Boge, but the rears are Bilstein. The springs look like stock. Looks like the PO changed the less expensive rears and left the more expensive struts for you.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Seaflat
Instructor

Thanks, that was my guess. I need to look back through the maint. records and see if I can figure out how many miles the rears have. I don't want to replace the fronts and have them not match in performance. I am leaning towards the eibach's just to gain a bit of height. I want to put on a front spoiler and not have my driveway remove it!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 PM
C4Russ
Burning Brakes

I have the Eibach's and Bilstein HDs on my car. The ride is firm as it is a sports car. While I don't track the car, I can't imagine this set-up would be firm enough for any serious track efforts. For a DE or the sort, I'm sure it'd be just fine.

I find the car predicatable and very capable for the street speeds at which I drive the car. In reality, even in this very mild state of tune, one cannot drive these cars anywhere near their limits on the street. Even a stock 964 is too fast to be driven to it's limits on public roads.

Quick Reply: Suspension HR Springs Question