Sponsored by:

Bent RSA ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:45 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I don't know. From what I see it looks like it will need an entire new front nose clip. Remove from the gas tank forward and replace. The front right looks like it is pushed down the front left looks like it is pushed up and everything looks pushed to the right. They might be able to pull it but I would rather have it cut and replaced per the factory guidelines than trying to straighten damage like that. If there was a camber truss the damage might extend beyond the obvious might even be more than we think.

Quite the shame.
Spoken by a guy with several concours-quality cars...
Old 04-08-2008, 04:23 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Spoken by a guy with several concours-quality cars...
Yeah yeah, I guess I deserve that, Concours guys are a bit ****, I admit I am no exception . Don't forget I also have restored several 911's and 914's from the ground up. I did a 71 911E that was far worse than this and nothing is more fun than having to replace a torsion tube , one 914 required clamshell and rocker replacement. Keeping everything aligned properly is a ton of fun. This would not be a small project.

Seriously, I am more concerned from a strength aspect for track use than cosmetics although she looked like a fine example before this mishap. Then again if it is an RSA or cup car at least it was seam welded so it would take the impact far better than a stock C2.

Driving a bent 911 is about as much fun as driving a VW bug with 30 years or rust.

Any pictures of the rest of the car? Was this the only damage?

Quick Reply: Bent RSA ?