Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   964RS replacement trailing arm bushes (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/406443-964rs-replacement-trailing-arm-bushes.html)

Ag02M5 07-31-2008 04:09 PM

Any progress?

NineMeister 07-31-2008 05:09 PM

Yup, glad you asked. The second version of the bushes should be with me next week and we have a customer's track car in the shop which is likely to be the testmule for them. As soon as TT reports back positively we can bring them to market. In the end we decided to incorporate a self-lubricating bearing into the design as an all-poly bush would probably suffer from premature wear due to the loadings. Stage 2 will be to experiment with bush stiffness once the design has been proven.

mjshira 08-02-2008 12:24 AM

very cool product idea, no doubt it would sell. ditto on the price comments.

NineMeister 09-08-2008 11:08 AM

The prototype bushes have just been fitted to Tony Taylor's 964 trackday special, in fact the car is still on the ramp having it's brakes serviced whilst we are there. We decided to test the harder track version of the bush first, hopefully TT will have a trackday soon so that he can report back on how they feel and drive in comparison with standard. I'll have prices in a few days and in the mean time will try to work out a special "bulk buy" deal for fellow Rennlisters, more soon.

myturbo36 09-12-2008 01:07 AM

Any update? I would like to purchase a set...

Oscar 09-12-2008 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 38D (Post 5037136)
Absolutely! I'd buy at least 2 and maybe 3 sets.

Colin,

Are we in Prepared G restricted from replacing the bushings with monoballs. That was going to be my winter project.

I was interpreting this from the PCA rulebook as allowable.

J. Suspension bushing materials are free. Replacement of suspension bushings cannot alter the suspension
geometry of the vehicle.

NineMeister 09-14-2008 08:29 AM

Not long to wait lads. The bushes have now been fitted to Tony Taylor's 964C2 and we are just waiting on a new set of wheel spacers to be fitted so that he can track test the upgrade. Hopefully TT will be post a favourable report in the next week or two.

bgiere 09-14-2008 10:41 PM

Add me to the list....

NineMeister 09-16-2008 02:50 PM

OK guys, the final costings have come through so here is the deal on offer:

The price of these bushes is £195 per car set (plus VAT, shipping, etc.), however assuming that we can put together a group buy of 20 car sets I can reduce that to a one-off price of £170 per set. Production is going to take 2-3 weeks from order. If the current version of the bush proves too hard for road use we will introduce a medium version later on, but please keep in mind that I won't be able to exchange the hard units for medium if they have been used.

I'll get Peter in our office to co-ordinate the orders and work out the postage costs to Europe and the US, however what might make sense for convenience and cost is to bulk ship a batch to the 'states and distribute them from one source.

Please understand that these bushes have not been thoroughly tested yet so they have to be sold as a non-warrantied racing part "not for highway use", although looking at them it defies me to see how we could have a potential problem.

38D 09-16-2008 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 5799961)
Colin,

Are we in Prepared G restricted from replacing the bushings with monoballs. That was going to be my winter project.

I was interpreting this from the PCA rulebook as allowable.

J. Suspension bushing materials are free. Replacement of suspension bushings cannot alter the suspension
geometry of the vehicle.

You can go full monoball in any prepared or stock class. I was hoping this would be a good compromise between monoballs and the NLA original cup part.

Oscar 09-17-2008 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by 38D (Post 5037136)
Absolutely! I'd buy at least 2 and maybe 3 sets.

Originally Posted by 38D (Post 5813935)
You can go full monoball in any prepared or stock class. I was hoping this would be a good compromise between monoballs and the NLA original cup part.

Thanks Colin

spdfrk 09-17-2008 10:26 PM

Great news!

celal 09-18-2008 12:20 PM

when the street version will be ready?

sturm 09-20-2008 12:35 AM

Will the harder bushing eliminate the 'Weissach effect' of the rear suspension?

Do I have the Weissach effect rear suspension??

Do I want the Weissach effect???

Is that what happend to my stocks???? :eek:

'93rsa 3.8

chas911 09-20-2008 08:56 AM

Any group buy info yet?
Charlie