Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all those fellow listers that are also Skiers (must read)!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 04:13 AM
MorganB1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jamie,

Nice pics at Brighton! Now show us the deep stuff! I’m an avid alpine and backcountry skier and have long known the joy’s of that fine Wasatch powder!!! Our local hill at Mt. Hood is always good for a reliable snow-pack (365 days of skiing if you include the Palomar glacier for summer), but nothing beats that pow-pow when it dumps.

We’re also in the middle of a storm trough that has dumped 4 feet of snow on Hood in the past week!

For your neck of the woods, I favor Brighton/Solitude & the Bird. For one amazing day at the latter, I hit the Tram and then multiple runs out to the "Bookends” in Mineral Basin when it was absolutely epic! Tele up to the chin…and over!

I’ll be skiing in your area on a regular trip towards the end of January while in SLC for a trade show. Then a family trip up to Big Mountain, MT for their annual Winter Carnival the following week!

Morgan

Last edited by MorganB1; 12-23-2007 at 04:14 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-19-2008, 03:32 AM
MorganB1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie,

Congratulations on your new baby boy!! Race Layne Shambarger.

Our ski day at Brighton this weekend looks good; forecast calls for snow Sat & Sunday...

Anyone else catching these great winter conditions in the west??

Best,
Morgan
Old 01-19-2008, 03:49 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched some guys surf Mavericks on last Sunday (the day after the competition) while riding my Mt Bike along the bluffs and up Montara Mt. It was beautiful and 60.

I'll be in Beaver Creek the last week of Feb to get some skiing in. Can't wait.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:27 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Our 9 year old has a Youth Ski League GS race at Park City Mountain today. First race of the year. He had me get him up at 7am to watch Warren Miller videos. The good/bad of Park City this week and next is the Sundance Film Festival. Every year, more cell phone toting, black Prada wearing, celebrity name droping, plastic Barbie-looking, Hollywood types come to Park City and clog up the streets and the sidewalks. The "good" is that none of them ski, so the slopes are empty!

This winter has been great so far as we have had a lot of snow. Tomorrow and Monday, the little guy and I will ski Deer Valley. It's to the point where I almost can't keep up with him on the slopes...

Wish him luck!

-Blake
Old 01-20-2008, 11:05 AM
psiegel
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

I work at Copper in Colorado. If anyone is in the neighborhood and wants to go fast, either in the C4 tubo or feels the need for speed on skis, give me a call (970) 333-0415 or stop by my office at; the "Village at Copper."
Peter
Old 01-21-2008, 11:02 AM
dcbailey
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been 3 times this year already (from Dallas): WP, Santa Fe, and S. Lake Tahoe. Looking to go again sometime next month, and possibly for spring break with the family. Looks like I should consider SLC, but I believe all the resorts are having a bumper year. Glad to see so many people in this forum like to ski. Perhaps we should all drive up to a resort sometime for a meet.

Regards,

Clay
Old 01-21-2008, 11:20 AM
psiegel
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

I could arrange a group ski week, weekend at Copper if enough folks were interested. Given enough folks we could get some group discount rates on lodging, tickets, rentals, etc. Although difficult to coordinate schedules, given some time this could be alot of fun.
Peter
Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 AM
dcbailey
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm up for it. Would be a nice drive up for some Spring skiing. As long as we can get the "skip-the-long-lift-lines" pass at Copper. I like Copper a lot, it's just very crowded a lot of the time.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Mark Brook
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, give me some notice and I'll be over for that too!

Cheers,

Mark. 90C2.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Thanks Jamie had to rub it in.

No time for skiing this week. When we spoke last I told you I had to cancel my Utah trip now it only hurts more. Bad enough I had to skip going to the BJ auction too.

Sorry I never got back to you been too darn busy.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:25 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Speedster
Our 9 year old has a Youth Ski League GS race at Park City Mountain today. First race of the year. He had me get him up at 7am to watch Warren Miller videos. The good/bad of Park City this week and next is the Sundance Film Festival. Every year, more cell phone toting, black Prada wearing, celebrity name droping, plastic Barbie-looking, Hollywood types come to Park City and clog up the streets and the sidewalks. The "good" is that none of them ski, so the slopes are empty!

This winter has been great so far as we have had a lot of snow. Tomorrow and Monday, the little guy and I will ski Deer Valley. It's to the point where I almost can't keep up with him on the slopes...

Wish him luck!

-Blake
It is amazing how that has change the area so much was there the week before Sundance last year and you could see the change as everyone was coming in for the festival.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
wsybert
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

All I have to say is EPIC.... that is... the conditions at Vail week before last! I have never skiied in power that deep. It was cold, ranging from 2-15 deg. F, so it was dry snow. Fluffy and AWSOME!!
Had to share a few pics.... again... WOW! All 4 days were great, but Friday was the best. We got 6" the day before, and another 12" overnight. On top of the already great snow that was there. Blue Sky Basin is where the pics were taken. I-70 was closed the evening before at Vail Pass, due to the storm that came in, so not many skiers there all day (Saturday was a madhouse!).
Bill
Attached Images    
Old 02-16-2008, 09:51 PM
herman maire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wsybert
All I have to say is EPIC.... that is... the conditions at Vail week before last! I have never skiied in power that deep. It was cold, ranging from 2-15 deg. F, so it was dry snow. Fluffy and AWSOME!!
Had to share a few pics.... again... WOW! All 4 days were great, but Friday was the best. We got 6" the day before, and another 12" overnight. On top of the already great snow that was there. Blue Sky Basin is where the pics were taken. I-70 was closed the evening before at Vail Pass, due to the storm that came in, so not many skiers there all day (Saturday was a madhouse!).
Bill

Nice pics... Do you have any more?

I was in B.C most of last year and I had to head back east in december... it just kills me to hear about the snow falling out west
Old 02-16-2008, 09:59 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It has been an insane winter for snow here in Utah... If you can, get out west before spring. Most bases in CO, UT, ID & WY are over 100 inches. It is well worth it!

-Blake
Old 02-16-2008, 10:54 PM
wsybert
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pics... Do you have any more?
Here are a few more... the last one is on my way back to Denver Saturday. It was taken near Vail Pass. A little snow on the side of the road.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: For all those fellow listers that are also Skiers (must read)!!