Track Season Ends with a Bang! (Parting Out a 91 964 C4...) - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Air/Oil Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 964 Forum
Reload this Page >

Track Season Ends with a Bang! (Parting Out a 91 964 C4...)

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Track Season Ends with a Bang! (Parting Out a 91 964 C4...)

Old 11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Default Track Season Ends with a Bang! (Parting Out a 91 964 C4...)

So I was coming towards the apex at West Bend at Lime Rock this Saturday minding my own business. The guy right in front of me in a white Toyota MR2 decides to dump his coolant and a bunch of us behind him went skating... My car was hit the hardest. The damages are to the rear quarter panel, rear bumper and tail lights, front fender, bumper, and headlight. Everything else is fine and unfortunately it's for sale. The engine starts and runs, gearbox is fine, interior, brakes, suspension, etc. all fine. So any parts that you need please PM me.

Here's a link to the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/crashed964/Crashed964/

As for me, I'm OK, saved in part by the rigidity of the chassis as well as the seats and harnesses. I walked away without a scratch

I already have an offer to buy another 964 in exchange for some of the major components of my car plus cash, so I may go that route, but it's too early to tell. 4 days ago I wasn't planning on buying another Porsche let alone stripping mine...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Geoffrey
Super User

So, I guess your rear brake problem has been solved then
Old 11-07-2007, 11:08 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Haha, I haven't checked the paint on the rotors yet to see how hot they got. Been too busy lately with other stuff...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:08 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Sorry for the loss but the important thing is you are ok.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 AM
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko View Post
So I was coming towards the apex at West Bend at Lime Rock this Saturday minding my own business. The guy right in front of me in a white Toyota MR2 decides to dump his coolant and a bunch of us behind him went skating... My car was hit the hardest. The damages are to the rear quarter panel, rear bumper and tail lights, front fender, bumper, and headlight. Everything else is fine and unfortunately it's for sale. The engine starts and runs, gearbox is fine, interior, brakes, suspension, etc. all fine. So any parts that you need please PM me.

Here's a link to the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/crashed964/Crashed964/

As for me, I'm OK, saved in part by the rigidity of the chassis as well as the seats and harnesses. I walked away without a scratch

I already have an offer to buy another 964 in exchange for some of the major components of my car plus cash, so I may go that route, but it's too early to tell. 4 days ago I wasn't planning on buying another Porsche let alone stripping mine...
UUGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So sorry to hear.

After seeing how much work you put into it and how good it looked 2 weeks ago, it hurts to look at the pictures.

So glad to hear your OK and hope it doesn't discourage you to continue on the DE path.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:15 AM
dfinnegan
Super User

So sorry to hear this.

As for parts, do you have a rear engine undertray? I'd like to have one for the winter months.

What about the air box? Mine has a broken bail attachment and I'd like to replace it.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 11-07-2007, 11:30 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ugghhh! That's awful. Sorry to hear about it, Ilko.

Have you considered hanging on to your track parts and transplanting them to a new p-car? Safety, suspension, brakes, nifty tow bolt, etc.? Or are you getting one that's already sorted?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:32 AM
DAVISRILEY
User

Pm sent. Glad you are okay.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:33 AM
rotorheadcase
Addict
Rennlist Member

Man oh man.... Really sorry to see your car in that state, through no fault of yours. The upside, if there is indeed one, is that you are here to tell the tale and can start planning your next car.

I'm looking for the upper trim pieces on the door panels ie. where the mirror adjuster and lock buttons are and the passenger airbag cover. If the strut brace is intact I'll be happy to take that too.

All the best,

Neil
Old 11-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bummer, glad you're ok.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:40 AM
wsybert
User

PM sent, glad your ok.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM
911URGE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko View Post
So I was coming towards the apex at West Bend at Lime Rock this Saturday minding my own business. The guy right in front of me in a white Toyota MR2 decides to dump his coolant and a bunch of us behind him went skating...
Darn water pumpers. Ive been reading/following your posts for sometime and Im glad to hear you are ok.

PM Sent.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
hawk911
Super User

Dang that sucks! Glad you walked away unharmed though.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:22 PM
TR6
Super User

Sorry to hear about it. That's my big fear at the track. Are you selling the seats and/or harnesses? If so, I'm interested. PM sent.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
pcarcraig
User

PM sent, glad you're o.k.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: