Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My last CAT BYPASS call to action/advice . . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 12:02 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
In general, anything called a bypass will be close to a straight pipe and not pass your State's emissions test. They're also a bit louder--think booming. Your neighbors will love you for it.
Especially combined with the primary bypass. Personally I loved the sound while I lived in a house, but when I bought my condo, parking in under the building rattled everyone else's units too. Nobody complained but I thought it the right thing to do.

I don't know what the car made any more power, but it was a good way to get a nice growl and lose a few lbs. of platinum matrix off the ***-end of the car.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think mine was a Dansk (bought it used). This is what it looked like.

Sold it before I sold the car. That cat bypass will have been on at least 3 cars by now.
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2007, 10:33 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Looking at my pictures of what's inside the stock cat vs. the Dansk bypass, there's got to be much more free flow through there. I used an inspection mirror to look at the insides of the outer chamber and it appears there's nothing in there except that the inside of the outer wall of the cat bypass seems to be lined with a very, very thin layer of something
Steve: that picture you took of the inside of the Dansk is what I was trying to describe. Thank you. I think mine was exactly like yours, much different though than the one showed by FotoVeloce. Here's a pick of mine:
Old 11-01-2007, 08:16 PM
tgage
Rennlist Member

i easily passed ga emmissions with a cat bypass with my c4. i was thinking about getting the 100 cell for the c2 when maxspeed gets them back in stock as the one thing i dislike about the bypass is the occassional backfire...which is not that loud....just dont like it. i know others say there is not much gain for doing this, but i seem to feel like i get better torque and throttle responce.

tom
Old 11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

etom, fuchs sold the muffler bypass set in the early 90's.
It included the cat bypass, the secondary bypass and a nice muffler tip. I recall being told that the original price for the kit was around $1200.

I have since sold the secondary bypass to a rennlist member and still have the cat bypass and the never used ss tip.

As my engine has been out for well over a year, I figured that someone else could enjoy it.
I can send pictures if you like.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:07 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by tgage
i easily passed ga emmissions with a cat bypass with my c4. i was thinking about getting the 100 cell for the c2 when maxspeed gets them back in stock as the one thing i dislike about the bypass is the occassional backfire...which is not that loud....just dont like it. i know others say there is not much gain for doing this, but i seem to feel like i get better torque and throttle responce.

tom
I like the pops and gurgles. Usually only get them when romping it at the track but I do get the occasional pop on upshift to 2nd. I still like it.

Agreed on the throttle response. My impression is that it wasn't a huge impact in power but it seemed a little peppier and the throttle response was much better on throttle blips too.

Quick Reply: My last CAT BYPASS call to action/advice . . .