Sponsored by:

Dyno curve

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah yes, I remember hearing and reading about that car. Like the colour

If 9m and others know their stuff, I think without bigger injectors you are probably on the limit in that case as 300hp or so is deemed a rough limit for the standard ones......as far as I know, the pistons I used before the engine blew up were 3.8 Cup's and I purchased them through JZM....might be the same ones...?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:35 PM
madmoog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Christer
....... I will try to do a writeup and maybe gets some pics/video if I can.
So you've had a bit of time to get used to it.........
Old 11-21-2007, 02:58 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by madmoog
So you've had a bit of time to get used to it.........
Rumour has it that he's now scared of it biting back ......
Old 11-21-2007, 03:21 PM
chancecasey
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Wisely so
Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Christer
Race Car

Originally Posted by NineMeister
The main problem right now is that the battery has given up the ghost. I had a nice Bosch battery in there until the OPC in Denmark changed it (almost 1.5 years ago now) without my knowledge or consent. Imagine my surprise when the battery was dead early this week and I found a POS Porsche Lead-Acid item in there!!! In my experience, the original Porsche items are no good, especially when they have been completely drained...so tomorrow I will be getting another Bosch one...other than that, the de-mist function doesn't work on the car - in fact none of the fans want to blow unless the temp is set to 'blue dot' which makes it difficult to drive when it is cold and condensation occurs......so at the moment I am feeling like I have had it up to here with the whole thing

Colin, you have PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:08 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Christer
The main problem right now is that the battery has given up the ghost. I had a nice Bosch battery in there until the OPC in Denmark changed it (almost 1.5 years ago now) without my knowledge or consent. Imagine my surprise when the battery was dead early this week and I found a POS Porsche Lead-Acid item in there!!! In my experience, the original Porsche items are no good, especially when they have been completely drained...so tomorrow I will be getting another Bosch one...other than that, the de-mist function doesn't work on the car - in fact none of the fans want to blow unless the temp is set to 'blue dot' which makes it difficult to drive when it is cold and condensation occurs......so at the moment I am feeling like I have had it up to here with the whole thing

Colin, you have PM.
I get that when it's cold too (like this morning). I just set it on the blue dot, put the fans on full blast (my de-mist button will work on this setting), drink coffee for 5 minutes, go turn up the heat dial, finish coffee and then drive off .

However I would advise not doing this if the car is parked out of view or if you have a noisy exhaust
Old 11-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Christer
Race Car

Hi Steve

The demist button is supposed to max the speed of all fans AND go to max heat.....mine works for a split second before it dies, the same as if I had the temp on blue dot and maxed the fan speed to 4....as soon as I turn the temp to anything other than blue dot, it dies......i am going to take a look today (first time for 2 weeks that I am home during day light...
Old 11-26-2007, 04:41 AM
Gary C2 UK
Instructor

Sounds like your resistor in the rear blower ducting may be OC or not connected so the rear blower motor doesn't cut in when you turn the temp dial up....
Old 11-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Christer - does the heater work ok? If not, then your problem is probably the rear blower fuse or as Gary said above, that the rear blower is not plugged in.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Christer
Race Car

Yep, the heater works but it just kind of 'breathes' the warm air in....so I will take a look. I had a quick look yesterday and the cable is connected, but maybe its the resistorin the ducting as I think its kind of slightly intermittent which *should* rule out the fuse right? Where and how exactly do I get to the resistor in the ducting? Thanks!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Strega(UK)
Pro

I think the resistor thingy they are talking about is just to the left of the distributor breather hose on the black pipe coming from the blower. Is a bit of a git to get to mind!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Turn the heater fan on full and temp on cold. The blower inside the car should be blowing at full speed. If when you turn the temp up to hot it stops then fuse or power lead. I don't think the resistor would actually stop the heater fan operating (I may be wrong though), but it instead detects the temp and turns the fan on if the engine gets too hot for extra cooling.

If the fuse has blown, the likely cause will be the bearings on the blower motor, and you'd eventually need to purchase a new blower.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Christer
Race Car

Thanks - which fuse and where in that case?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's in the fuse box next to the rear blower in the engine bay. It's marked inside the lid which one. From memory is a 30amp. (I'm sure I read somehwere that is was lower on the older cars)
Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Correct, originally came in at 25A...

Another way of checking the relays etc aren't playing up is to swap the oil cooler relay for the fan one, as I know they can go south. don't touch the heater resister though Christer, it gets bloody hot......trust me.....

you can test things by jumpering out the resister, it's only to switch the fan from low to high speed, or you can jumper the relay base. I can't remember the numbers to jumper offhand, but there has been a thread or two with my input on it, I know I've been there once or twice.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Dyno curve