Sponsored by:

92 Turbo S Slant Nose Value?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Jim,

Thanks for posting those pictures. I am assuming this is a private collection in Europe?

Have to admit the 92 S was a great car, wish they imported them here. although I guess with the roll cage you had to lower the window before you closed the door and Just my opinion but the lipstick interior with the silver, purple rim centers and gold turbo emblem is over the top even for a car like the Leichtbau. BTW are those yellow calipers?

Wish they offered those seats on the turbo's here.

I guess the white and red would be a choice I could live with but yellow is tops in my book. Anyone know if they made any 92 S's in Cobalt, I would love to see a picture.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No those cars are in USA one which I have not shown any pictures yet is an RSR still in cosmoline. Jim
Old 09-25-2007, 02:35 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Guys just so there is no confusion I am just a semi retired working guy who knew someone who knew someone and I got lucky and close enough to photograph. The last 959 was there also and I never even bothered to look at it. Jim
Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jim dorociak
No those cars are in USA one which I have not shown any pictures yet is an RSR still in cosmoline. Jim
How easy was it for this person to get ROW cars into the US? To me the 92 turbo S and the 94 turbo S package cars are my favorite all time turbos although the flachbau is gorgeous I still love the traditional fenders.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:41 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jim dorociak
Guys just so there is no confusion I am just a semi retired working guy who knew someone who knew someone and I got lucky and close enough to photograph. The last 959 was there also and I never even bothered to look at it. Jim
That is quite the collection and warehouse. I have seen several unique collections myself usually they cover a specific type or era of cars. I have seen collections of 50+ Ferrari's or vintage Royce/Bentley cars but rarely do you see such diversification ranging from the vintage to the extreme street racer.

Whoever it is
Old 09-25-2007, 04:26 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

It is top secret overflow storage for ............. I doubt that any of those cars will ever see the road and maynot ever be started. I guess I should have looked at the speedometer, but it honestly never occured to me. I was too busy drooling over the car itself. Jim

Quick Reply: 92 Turbo S Slant Nose Value?