Sponsored by:

fresh air blowers, calling rennlist experts

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default fresh air blowers, calling rennlist experts

So I finally, FINALLY (yes!!!) got my diagnostic tool to work. I scanned the car with it and here is what I found: error code 31 on climate control 'left mixing flap motor' and 'rear blower motor speed 1'.

Just a recap:

out of nowhere my fresh air blowers stopped working. I have swapped the CCU unit, relays, checked fuses, replaced resistor in engine compartment, checked rear blower motor.

Does anyone know how to change the left mixing flap motor? and could that single issue be preventing my freshair blowers from working? Seems like a little fault to prevent them from working at all...
Old 09-03-2007, 04:36 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by mjshira
could that single issue be preventing my freshair blowers from working?
No and before you replace anything look HERE. The CCU has known problem with spurious fault codes. Did you have any luck manually applying power to the front blower regulator? Do the front mixing chamber fans still not operate when you manually operate them from the drive-links menu in the Bosch hammer?

Originally Posted by mjshira
Seems like a little fault to prevent them from working at all...
The rear blower fault could prevent the front fans from operating when the CCU cabin temperature selection is set to anything other than the blue dot. But when set to the blue dot they should still operate.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Changing the mixing flap servos is easy. I fixed two on my car. One was repaired via cleaning and the other had to be replaced. See http://porsche964.co.uk/technical/servos.htm
Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason is absolutely correct . Every 964 will flag a CCU fault the first read that is done !
Always turn the ignition off after the first read , ignition back on and try again .
The second try will be accurate !!! and worth using for fault work .

Geoff
----------------------------------------------------------------
KS400200,the oldest 964 on Rennlist,unless you know differently !
Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
No and before you replace anything look HERE. The CCU has known problem with spurious fault codes. Did you have any luck manually applying power to the front blower regulator? Do the front mixing chamber fans still not operate when you manually operate them from the drive-links menu in the Bosch hammer?

The rear blower fault could prevent the front fans from operating when the CCU cabin temperature selection is set to anything other than the blue dot. But when set to the blue dot they should still operate.
I have swapped out the CCU unit

I am not diag'ing the car with the hammer as the wire I got from JDS doesn't work properly, I am using the unit sold here by a fellow rennlist member.

The temp is set on the blue dot, still no action from the blower motors.. I have swapped the blower motor regulators too, so I can try and apply power to the blower motors to see what happens next.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:28 AM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas

Originally Posted by Red rooster
Jason is absolutely correct . Every 964 will flag a CCU fault the first read that is done !
Always turn the ignition off after the first read , ignition back on and try again .
The second try will be accurate !!! and worth using for fault work .

Geoff
----------------------------------------------------------------
KS400200,the oldest 964 on Rennlist,unless you know differently !

ok guys thanks, I think I ran the codes twice but i will do that again and report back.

I really appreciate all your help.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:41 AM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

re ran fault codes, same two came up...
Old 09-03-2007, 04:35 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

anyone have a clue?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:01 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I know this is a bit of a stretch, but have you check all of the fuses and relays?

I came across a thread in the 993 forum wherein an undocumented link between the right front fog light relay was found to the A/C clutch.

Just a thought as I know you are stuck.

Good luck resolving the issue.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:09 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

thanks!

Quick Reply: fresh air blowers, calling rennlist experts