RADE 07

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:42 PM
RickEtheridge
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RADE 07

Hi all,

Just a couple of photos of the PCA drivers ed weekend at Road America. These are from Saturday 5/26.

Rick
Attached Images        
Old 05-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great shots! I need to find the time to do a DE...
Old 05-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Chimera
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing!

Doc
Old 05-27-2007, 10:03 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Great photos. Thanks for sharing. This is my "local" track. I've had my A4 there for an Audi Club DE. I am looking forward to having the 964 up there eventually for a DE.

I will be up in Elkhart Lake during the Vintage Car races in July and for once will be staying overnight for a few days and can finally check out the car shows at night.

All the best,
Ricardo
Old 05-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokin
Great shots! I need to find the time to do a DE...
Oh, it is another slippery slope to get sucked down...

Marc
Old 05-28-2007, 07:01 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pics Rick. It's always great to see others use these cars like they were meant to.

Guys, now that I know what DE stands for, please let us Brits know what's involved in your events. Over here our track days are mostly free for alls that are run on an 'open pit lane' basis. This means that you go on track anytime with all different levels of experience. You can hire an instructor for a few laps at an extra cost to learn the lines and get the odd tip but that's about it. As I say most of the time it's just about enjoying track time. Oh! and there's not racing allowed .

I'm guessing DE events have more structure?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Nice pics Rick. It's always great to see others use these cars like they were meant to.

Guys, now that I know what DE stands for, please let us Brits know what's involved in your events. Over here our track days are mostly free for alls that are run on an 'open pit lane' basis. This means that you go on track anytime with all different levels of experience. You can hire an instructor for a few laps at an extra cost to learn the lines and get the odd tip but that's about it. As I say most of the time it's just about enjoying track time. Oh! and there's not racing allowed .

I'm guessing DE events have more structure?
On this side of the pond DEs are divided into different run groups. Some regions use colors, others A,B,C,D. The instructors have their own run group and then there's usually one or two solo groups then the rest are instructed. If you're in an instructed group you have an instructor that rides with you all weekend until they feel like you're ready to drive solo. Passing in all groups is by point-by and only in designated sections of the track. Racing is not allowed. You usually get 4 session each day varying in length from 20 to 30 minutes depending on the number of people at the event. Each time you send in your registration for the next event you list your previous experience and which run group you'd like to be in. Based on this the organizers assign you a group.

Quick Reply: RADE 07