Sponsored by:

TPC Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 05:29 AM
winsome
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPC Supercharger

I would appreciate if anyone here with a SC can share their experience with me. I have ordered the tpc sc w/ intercooler w/ the latest uniQ and twin injection(8th injector) for my 94 Euro 993. However I have yet spoken to anyone who have a similar installation that tracked their car. Few brothers at the 993 forum were very helpful by sharing a lot of experience with me its just that I want to know any here try their sc on track. I only attend once or twice track events a year but as you all know its quite different under that enviornment.

Anyone here can advice me on SC , on and off track will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Winsome
Old 04-01-2007, 12:08 PM
puma1824
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it weren't for a financial situation I would of had the same setup installed on my 964. Maybe one day.

TPC is less than 10 min from my house and I have seen many 993 installs in their shop. I actually was there during some of Mike Levitas' initial 993 w/Uni-Q dyno testing and the numbers were insane (in a good way). I took low res video of some of the pulls...I forgot to take vid of the dyno

Here are the videos:
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4

I know your probably going to see a lot of replies saying use the search...its kinda true...many hits, try using the following search terms (use advance to narrow down search):

TPC superchargers
TPC Racing
Turbo Performance Center
Supercharger
Superchargers
Uni-Q

Last edited by puma1824; 04-01-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 AM
winsome
Instructor

great clips puma thanks, never seen intercooled sc on dyno. looks like a really strong pull. actually i am asking tom of tpc to send me a copy of the dyno result of the twin injed version and see how much improvement its going to be.

Thanks again

Winsome
Old 04-02-2007, 09:12 AM
porktastic
Advanced

Not wishing to hijack thread, but I saw an article tail end of last year in GT Purely Porsche (UK Mag) about a supercharger being produced by this mob http:\\www.evoms.com

The artcle indicated it would be ready early this year but nothing so far. Does anybody know about the SC or the company? The pictures looked really good - i.e. very professional looking and far better than the TPC installation.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:15 PM
winsome
Instructor

Yes I read about that they were going to develop a sc package for the 993 and 964 but cancelled the project. apparently they feel there is not going to be enough audience or market. Big mistake.

Winsome
Old 04-03-2007, 10:36 PM
gavin2f
2nd Gear

Default tpc sc

I have a tpc installed and before my triplets were born (3.5 years ago) I raced it and tracked it. On the weekend I will send some details and info and pics. I have ordered the ic and new uniq system but not received them yet so cant comment. the old split second piggy back sucked and I have a bypass installed for the track when I use race gas.

fun system, easy to install.

Gavin
Old 04-04-2007, 03:10 AM
CanyonBlaster
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

My car has early TPC non-IC system installed by PO (done at same time as total rebuild, head gasket fix, cup clutch, etc.) It was done approx 2003/ 40K miles ago. I fell in love with the low-end pull as soon as I drove it. I highly recommend.

Stock 964/993 is fast but SC adds alot of enjoyment. More power down low and better driveability/ pull out of the corners.

Previuos P cars are 944 & 944T. I feel like SC makes for perfect 911, although not as fast at top end as turbo 3.6.

I have not tracked the car yet but am planning to this season. I hope to not have any heat issues. Car does run nice and cool in hard canyon blasting.
Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2007, 12:20 PM
winsome
Instructor

Thanks Gavin, really appreciate if u can provide more infor. 964 and 993 are just so different I just not willing to trade it for anything else. I am keeping it for road use. For pure track use I am getting a 996 cup soon. On track no matter how much power light weight is the key. Even 996 turbo cannot satisfy on track so why bother. My 993 is my fun weekend car so adding the SC is a logical step.

Looking at Jays pic I just cant want for mine......

Thanks

Winsome

Quick Reply: TPC Supercharger