Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI recommendation in San Francisco?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:14 PM
MorganB1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI recommendation in San Francisco?

I need a recommendation for a good PPI in SFO for prospective purchase. Car was most recently serviced (January) at The Stable. Go with them or consider any others?

Thanks,
Morgan
Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 607 Likes on 463 Posts

S-Car-Go Racing in San Rafael. They'll a great group of honest guys and charge a fair rate to check things out.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:37 PM
racerboy
Advanced

I just met the manager of Cars Dawydiak (www.carsauto.com), was a very nice guy. They have a showroom full of Porsche's (from early 70's to 2004) and he informed me that they could do anything I wanted to a Porsche. They are also almost right across the street from the Stable so its an easier location if the car is in the city.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had 2 PPI's last year done by Al at the Stable. Very knowledgable, very fair price. I don't think you could go wrong there. I didn't buy either car, let's just say he caught significant stuff ($$) that could have easily been overlooked by someone less thorough.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:26 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Rob @ SCARGO http://www.scargoracing.com is A+. The stable is good as well from what I hear, but you might want Rob to sanity check that they were on top of it.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:05 AM
MorganB1
Advanced

Thumbs up

Hey guys, thanks for these recommendations. I will check in with Al at The Stable and Rob at SCARGO.

Ironically, the car has been located through Cars Dawydiak and self-stated: they told me they HATE the Stable…Perhaps good reason for the PPI to be performed there. Not sure how willing they’d be to get it out to Rob's place in San Rafael, but I'll ask.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A couple of past threads. PM me if you want. I've been looing at Dawydiak's cars forever. Are you looking at one on the floor? Or found another?

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/334691-directional-tires-wrong-direction-and-other-anecdotes-from-a-993-shopper.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/332684-ppi-in-sf.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...28#post3915528

Ron gave me the same b.s. about not taking the car to the Stable, but S-CAR-GO ($375 quote) was ok. The Stable was less, and supposedly very thorough.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:30 PM
MorganB1
Advanced

Jeff -That is SO ironic about your own dealings with Ron. Feels like I'm in the same boat. He wants me to use their own shop for the PPI...ummmm, don't think so. He’s been really tenacious in trying to talk me out of going to the Stable –or anyone for that matter.

I spoke with Rob at S-CAR-GO and plan to go with him. I figure that’s a fair compromise, if they are that bent out of shape about dealing with the Stable. Not sure why I’m even working so much to accommodate them. Certainly does makes me wonder what they're worried about the other shop finding...

Thanks for the links and the general head’s up on your experiences; I’ll PM to follow up for more details.

Anyone else have good/bad experience with these guys?

Morgan
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 PM
MorganB1
Advanced

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the recommendations on the PPI.

Garrett & Kenny: I went with Rob at S-CAR-GO Racing and he was great! Pricy, but very thorough and gave me the confidence to buy -sight unseen. He said it came out as one of the sweetest 964 series he's ever checked! So I bought it...

Jeff, thanks for all the help checking out the car for me and advice on the dealer. It arrived safe and sound. I hope you got that Arctic Beauty you were pursuing in Colorado???

-Morgan
Attached Images   
Old 04-30-2007, 08:11 PM
racerboy
Advanced

Congrats! I saw your car in their showroom about a month ago... looked pretty sweet. You've got a great car.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:12 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice car, but wait! Rob said that about mine too! Just joking!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:55 AM
MorganB1
Advanced

Yeah...guess I "bought" in on Rob's pitch as well as the car.

Really good #'s on the leak down though: 0% on #3-6 and 1% on the other two.

Thanks again Kenny; I continue to follow posts by you & Garrett for track performance advice!

-Morgan

Quick Reply: PPI recommendation in San Francisco?