Sponsored by:

Cup Car SPG mounting details

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Kenny - the BK web site gives different applications that what your web site listed above.

It says 9063 is for SPG while 9062 is for Pole Positions. See here .

Marc
Old 08-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tom W
I recently installed a SPG XL Pro Racer using the Recaro mounts and sliders. I had holes drilled lower than the normal Recaro holes in order to lower the seat a bit and get the angle to what was desired.

Kenny: Griffin Motorwerks in Berkley has the brackets (it's where I got my seat and brackets).
Which Recaro mounts did you use? The ones I bought did not fit the XL as it ended up being far too wide for the floor mount holes. The brackets both angled inwards from the seat as in:

|_ seat _|

Marc
Old 08-15-2007, 12:38 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

9062 does not work. sigh.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Did you ever find brackets to mount the SPG XL seats?

I used Recaro brackets for both my SPG seats but some passengers are "heavier" and find the SPG seats a tight squeeze so I am thinking of swapping in the wider version. At 6' 1" and 175 lbs, the SPG fit me perfectly.

Marc
Old 10-07-2007, 02:04 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Marc,

I did not find a perfect solution for the XL's. I am still working with BK to get things setup correctly. I will post when I know more.

Wanna swap an SPG XL for an SPG? I will trade you 1 seat if you want. I want a tighter fit for myself. I suspect shipping might make it an expensive exercise though.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kgorman
Marc,

I did not find a perfect solution for the XL's. I am still working with BK to get things setup correctly. I will post when I know more.

Wanna swap an SPG XL for an SPG? I will trade you 1 seat if you want. I want a tighter fit for myself. I suspect shipping might make it an expensive exercise though.
Thanks, keep me posted.

I have 2 SPG and 1 SPG XL already so don't need to trade, but thanks (and shipping/duty might be expensive).

Marc
Old 10-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc,

Ken I have an SPG that I would swap. How old is yours? Mine is about 6 years old though, but not used much.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
kgorman
Drifting

PM sent.

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Ken I have an SPG that I would swap. How old is yours? Mine is about 6 years old though, but not used much.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Fast4525
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on this situation? I need a to order the correct parts to fit an SPG XL into a 964 but I guess it isn't as simple as it looks

On another note, for 964 sunroof coupe owners who are 6'1" or taller with race seats, are you able to use sliders or does the seat need to be mounted directly to the floor for headroom?

It is possible to retain the factory 3pt belt for street use or are the large-sized race seats too wide to allow the inner belt mechanism to fit back in?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Fast4525
Any updates on this situation? I need a to order the correct parts to fit an SPG XL into a 964 but I guess it isn't as simple as it looks

On another note, for 964 sunroof coupe owners who are 6'1" or taller with race seats, are you able to use sliders or does the seat need to be mounted directly to the floor for headroom?

It is possible to retain the factory 3pt belt for street use or are the large-sized race seats too wide to allow the inner belt mechanism to fit back in?

Thanks
I am interested too as I am hoping to install an XL this winter for "larger" passengers. I ordered a "universal" Recaro bracket so we'll see if that fits.

I am 6'1" and have Recaro SPG's on Recaro side brackets with Recaro sliders and have no headroom problems wearing a Bell helmet.

I also have stock seatbelts for street driving as the SPG seats are not too wide - XL seats might be (I don't know yet).

Marc
Old 11-28-2007, 10:28 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like Brey-Krause has an option for the tunnel side lap bell. This bracket would sandwich between the slider and bracket bottom and provide a location to mount the lap piece of your street belts. It's very similar to the Factory RS/Speedster bracket.

http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r9005.php

Speedster seat. Bracket is part #24 and the lap belt includes parts # 31-34.

Last edited by joey bagadonuts; 06-10-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:33 PM
kgorman
Drifting

I still have no good solution, my current solution has my seats hard-mounted w/o slider using custom steel to offset the holes to fit me leg length. with the sliders it was not a good fit in terms of height. I am 6'2".

Originally Posted by Fast4525

Thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
It looks like Brey-Krause has an option for the tunnel side lap belt.
That is the part I am using now and it works very well.

B-K also have another clip part for the outside seatbelt mount.

Marc
Old 01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
spjuvern
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
It looks like Brey-Krause has an option for the tunnel side lap bell. This bracket would sandwich between the slider and bracket bottom and provide a location to mount the lap piece of your street belts. It's very similar to the Factory RS/Speedster bracket.

http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r9005.php

Speedster seat. Bracket is part #24 and the lap belt includes parts # 31-34.
how have you folks solve the 3way harnes mount with SPG and the L seat L mounts
Old 05-23-2012, 04:01 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Fast forward 5 years!

The Recaro SPG XL's are long gone, used them in another race car. I had the stock seats in the car for a number of years.

Tonight I installed a set of Recaro Speed seats. I wanted something more street friendly than a pure hardback solution, but I wanted more than the stock seats. I used stock Recaro sliders. I pulled off the inboard adjustment ***, and I didn't have to grind the post, I suspect because all the sound deadening on my tunnel was removed when I went to the RS/appbiz interior kit. I can't believe all the trouble I went through with the SPG's. The speeds where a 1 beer job.

Very happy... 5 years later. Man, can't believe it's been that long.

Quick Reply: Cup Car SPG mounting details