Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car North of Boston, MA (a little long winded)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Car North of Boston, MA (a little long winded)

Since the guy with the $15K C4 in Columbus was not willing to take my $10K offer. So I am moving on. I have been looking at the ad for this car since last spring. The ad says car is in Ipswich, MA. I have actually talked to two people and have gotten pictures and other info, but I still do not if the guy who is selling it is the guy that owns it, but they know each other. I believe this is a legit car.

I would appreciate it if someone can check it out for me and look over the service records. Dealer (?) has send pictures of interior and it shows no excessive wear, but there is nothing like a pair of eyes to assess the condition. If I read the option codes correctly, it has factory LSD and front heated seats.

The owner (?) has agreed to take it to European Performance Engineering for a PPI but before I arrange that, it would be nice to know that it is worth the effort.

The car has been FS on Cars.com since last spring. The initial price was $20.5K. I offered $17K and was told no way.

TIA

Nader

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true
Old 01-10-2007, 09:52 PM
MassGuy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check you PM...
Old 01-13-2007, 11:30 AM
J.PELLEGRINO
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric, I am not sure you ever dealt with us, I checked my computer and you don't come up. I think you may be thinking of European Eng. in Framingham Ma. They sell car and do some service as well. We here at European Performance Engineering Inc. do not do sales other than hooking perspective buyers and seller up.
Jerry
Old 01-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Jerry,
I'm sorry, you are absolutely correct, I mistook your well respected by everyone shop for European Engineering in Framingham (I did by two cars from them, and wouldn't recommend them for a PPI). Nader, if you haven't had the PPI done yet, Jerry's shop is one of the best in the North East.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Idoktr
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 21 Posts
Default EPE is the best

and not to be confused with ANY other shop here in Metrowest Boston. I have had both of my cars serviced by Jerry and had both PPI's done by him. He actually hooked me up with the seller of my 91 C2 and it is a dream car.....

Just a shameless plug for Jerry.....

Stewart
Old 01-15-2007, 09:38 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jerry will help you out. Best place around the Northeast....
Old 01-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

So, I am still on the fence about this car. Owner wants $18.5K which is fine for a no story car. However, it would be nice for one of the locals to give me a second opinion on the car. Any volunteers? Eric, stewart?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Nader,
I'm in Taiwan until Feb 1st (give or take a day). I could drive up and look at it the following weekend.

Quick Reply: Car North of Boston, MA (a little long winded)