Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9m launch new 9m64RS Clubsport at Autosport Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007 | 02:14 AM
ronone10
Racer

Colin,

I like the 18" Cup Wheels. Are they RH Wheels? Can you give me some details on the wheel and tire size including offsets. I have been looking at Speedline look alikes for my 964.

Oh, sweet ride. When are you coming to the States???
Old 01-09-2007 | 04:52 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ronone10
Colin,

I like the 18" Cup Wheels. Are they RH Wheels? Can you give me some details on the wheel and tire size including offsets. I have been looking at Speedline look alikes for my 964.

Over the years we have aquired 3 sets of 18" Cup 1's that we ran on our Supercharged 968 "turbo" (now alas sold) and which thankfully all fit our 1990 964 Trophy Cup car. We have one set of original 964RS Speedline 3 piece, one set of RH 3 piece and the set photographed which are one piece Veloce copies. I will have to look up the offsets when we get back from the show next week, however I can confirm that we would put the RH at first choice in terms of value and quality, the Speedlines are good but very expensive, the Veloce are heavy in comparison to the other 2.

Geoffrey keeps trying to persuade me to bring our championship winning 964 Trophy Cup across the pond, so you never know...
Old 01-09-2007 | 09:13 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Should I start in again this morning? I mean really, how could you let that 1990 Carrera Cup WINNING car not be part of the cuppie gathering in May. That just isn't right!
Old 01-09-2007 | 10:30 AM
Anatol
Racer

Fantastic! Here in Switzerland, people are also starting to rebuild innocent C2s to full RS lwt specs because of the sharp price increase of the real thing.

However, Colin, your approach is most professional, with packages and clear prices!

I am a candidate (just need to sell house, wife, daughter - but not the 911!)

Old 01-09-2007 | 10:44 AM
964RS
Instructor

Very nice project Colin. Can you give any details about the dual outlet exhaust?

Best regards
Anders

MY RS http://www.kingdental.co.uk/anfa/porsche/rs
Old 01-09-2007 | 11:38 AM
kgorman
Drifting

I just got back from the Apple store, they replaced my keyboard because I drooled all over it.
Old 01-09-2007 | 11:53 AM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by NineMeister
There will be a comprehensive price menu for the 9mRS which covers the most popular options, for now we are simply quoting a fixed price of £25,000+VAT for the following:
1. labour to strip car to bare shell
2. labour to convert shell to RS specification, seam weld, fabricate, fit & weld in M003 cage, remove roof panel & fit solid roof (panel included in price), fit RS specific brackets, remove non-RS brackets
3. complete immersion acid dipping, neutralising and E-coating of bodyshell, doors, engine lid and bonnet (as appropriate)
4. labour to clean, prepare, etch, prime, & paint entire shell and all body panels to customer's colour
5. labour to assemble complete vehicle from bare shell, including conversion of wiring loom to RS specifications (7kg removed) and RS ABS brake system
6. 4 wheel alignment to customer requirements
The process takes over 400 hrs and includes the cost of the solid roof panel, new body clips/brackets/fittings & wiring modifications, the end result having a "better than new" M003 bodyshell fully corrosion protected.

The primary parts menu, which are fitted at no additional labour cost, include:
RS or Cup suspension (shocks, springs, top mounts, A-arms, springplates, anti-roll bars)
RS Brake upgrade (calipers, discs, power ABS for C2).
RS interior package (door panels, Recaro seats, harnesses)
RS alloy or carbon bonnet, carbon doors, RS rear bumper section, RS Lightweight glass, manual window winders
Wheels & Tyres
RS flywheel & clutch assembly

The secondary parts menu is for items that require additonal labour, including:
Engine rebuild & upgrades
Motec engine management
Transmission rebuilds, LSD, re-gearing
993RS 4 channel ABS system upgrade
3.8 RSR turbo body conversion
etc.

The customer who ordered the car shown has opted for original RS suspension & brakes; full RS CS interior with replica CS seats, electric windows & hifi; standard engine with LWF & remap; an LSD and 18" Cup replica wheels.

Car looks great.

Many nice options to spec the proper car.

At that price can't you buy a real one? I just returned form Germany and 60 - 90k Euro's will get you one the factory built.
Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2007 | 12:15 PM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ronone10
Colin,

I believe they are 8x18 et52 9.5x18 et47 - see this site for pictures etc:

http://www.performancewheelsupplies....cials/main.htm
Old 01-09-2007 | 12:23 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Joe,
Aside from the fact that the factory did not build any RHD examples which is big issue for some UK enthusiasts, as you say the minimum price of a factory CS is around £45,000 but the best ones are indeed fetching £70,000. OK, our conversion costs £25k+VAT plus the donor at approximately £10k, plus typical suspension/brakes/interior package at £10k but the big difference is that we are building a new car to the customers exact spec, not some tired track hack that has had a £3k respray to make it look good. Its not that there is a lot of choice about either, and if you want a Maritime Blue one you will pay at least £5k more than others due to the demand.

Looking at the enquiries and current potential orders we have already it thankfully there are a lot of enthusiasts who are not that chassis number sensitive, so given that a RHD RS cannot be bought for any amount of cash the only choice is a 9m64RS Clubsport.

Anyway, if we are to compare conversion costs, we believe that the 9mRS offers better value for money than a 3.2 Carrera with pre-impact bumper bodywork sold as a "2.7RS" for £50k, at least the 9mRS is correct in every detail except chassis number!
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:02 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

That is truly a great piece of work! Simply Awesome.
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:08 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

...and where did you get the replica Recaro seats?? Are the Porsche crest covers still available? very nice indeed.
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:27 PM
Cuppie
Racer

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Should I start in again this morning? I mean really, how could you let that 1990 Carrera Cup WINNING car not be part of the cuppie gathering in May. That just isn't right!
Hmmm -wonder how much it would cost to share a container Colin!!!
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:15 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cuppie
Hmmm -wonder how much it would cost to share a container Colin!!!
There is also the small matter of insurance and upgrading my RAC Speed Licence to an International Race licence, which is not as simple as it sounds...
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:18 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bgiere
...and where did you get the replica Recaro seats?? Are the Porsche crest covers still available? very nice indeed.
The secret is always in the detail, we simply have them made for us from the original materials, we will be working out prices and will post them on a price list on the www.9mRS.com website once it is done.
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:24 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

I think you should bring it to the Watkins Glen Cup fest...Bring your order book and sign people up!

Quick Reply: 9m launch new 9m64RS Clubsport at Autosport Engineering